U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:31 AM

13,805 posts, read 17,799,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Shhhhhhhhhhh! I am using this media sensationalism to justify buying some more new pistols! Don't tell my wife!
and I'm using his arsenal to try to convince my wife I need at least a small arsenal of my own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 06:36 AM

1,131 posts, read 721,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeandProtect View Post
Crime is going up in San Antonio and this is a fact.
Crime is going down and that's [actually] a fact.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:33 AM

702 posts, read 675,456 times
All I see and read on the news here is always someone who got shot, robbed, injured in car accidents, etc. That happens at least once per day on SA.com. There has got to be better things to cover in this town. The news coverage here is really depressing and ridiculous.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:29 AM

1,848 posts, read 2,889,146 times
From the latest Texas Monthly...made me think of this thread.

New Sheriff in Town

The one obvious subject untouched by Mr. Smith in his interview with San Antonio’s new mayor, Julián Castro, was the Alamo City’s alarming crime rate [Texas Monthly Talks, July 2009]. While major-crime rates have been dropping in cities like Austin, Dallas, and Houston, they continue to soar in San Antonio. When I watch San Antonio’s evening news, I wonder if authorities there have lost their grip on the gang-related violence that seems to claim a life every other day. While I’m encouraged to learn that the capable young mayor is looking to accept as much as $8 million in stimulus money for new police officers, I’m wondering if that will be near enough to slow the city’s alarming number of shootings, house invasions, rapes, and robberies.
Rob McCorkle
Kerrville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio