U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM

299 posts, read 537,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
410 ,1604 , I-10 , I-35 , I-37, hwy 90 ...Take your pick!!! I was speaking of the any lane turds that will run up your rear end as you are doing the posted speed limit!!!
You shouldn't be camping in the left lane, regardless of if you're doing the speed limit or not.

For some reason, people seem to forget that the left lane is a PASSING lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 PM

114,159 posts, read 54,011,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
You shouldn't be camping in the left lane, regardless of if you're doing the speed limit or not.
Quote:

Where exactly did you get I was driving in the left lane from????? Never said any such thing!! I rarely get in the left lane these days !! I leave it for the dopes doing 90MPH... Trouble is they want to do 90MPH in all lanes.

For some reason people seem to forget to obey the traffic laws and posted speed limits!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:39 PM

342 posts, read 611,476 times
Try going to louisiana they can not drive

Old 06-05-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd33 View Post
I think satx56 and Dopo are missing the point of the left lane.
Left lane is for passing . Faster moving traffic not for breaking the speed limit!! What point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Only 1 question,
were you doing the speed limit on the left lane while people were trying to pass you?
Only one ??? Wasn't in the left lane... I drive the speed limit and push it 3 to 4 MPH as most do. Not 20MPH over as many do. Perhaps you aren't grasping my point!! Doesn't matter where I am . I drive the speed limit. My post was about nitwits that can't adhere to the posted limit. I don't care if they're in a hurry to get to the lake!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 PM

Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection

Old 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,945,004 times
Quote:

Do you realize if vehicles only used the left lane to pass and not for driving how bad traffic would be? You can't expect people not to use it.

I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over for driving in the left lane, except when someone is speeding.

Just sayin...

People are very good here about speeding, most everyone does the speed limit compared to other places I've been. There are a few here and there that speed, including me occasionally.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Do you realize if vehicles only used the left lane to pass and not for driving how bad traffic would be? You can't expect people not to use it.

I've never heard of anyone getting pulled over for driving in the left lane, except when someone is speeding.

Just sayin...

People are very good here about speeding, most everyone does the speed limit compared to other places I've been. There are a few here and there that speed, including me occasionally.
My dad would argue that he's been pulled over and issued a citation for driving in the left lane.

No need to camp in the left lane. Once you pass your car, move back over.

It's such a simple concept...people that drive in Europe are REALLY good at understanding it.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:05 PM

Good point Eger..I think the law or rule should read: You may remain in left lane as long as you are doing say within 5 MPH of posted max. If someone in the same lane behind you wants to pass you must change lanes. In other words if someone behind you is obviously trying to go faster.. only this opens up the what if. What if you are doing the posted max and the jerk behind you wants to go faster??

Old 06-05-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Good point Eger..I think the law or rule should read: You may remain in left lane as long as you are doing say within 5 MPH of posted max. If someone in the same lane behind you wants to pass you must change lanes. In other words if someone behind you is obviously trying to go faster.. only this opens up the what if. What if you are doing the posted max and the jerk behind you wants to go faster??
It's really simple..if people would actually obey the law, it wouldn't even be an issue. Stay out of the left lane unless you have to pass. If you have to pass someone, then do it and get back over. VERY SIMPLE.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,006,700 times
you both make very interesting observations, shure the speed limit is the legal speed you are allowed, but Police officers usually let the highway flow if traffic is going 70mph instead of 65 it is allowable. with a maximum speed limit of 75 give or take depending on the cops mood. but those who scream down the road at 80 in a 65mph zone is just asking for a ticket.

I am starting to wonder why is SAPD is so stupid, people with faulty tail lights, brake lights, and trun signals? those are a 360 dollar fine, people who drive UNDER The posted speed limit (same fine as speeding), Tailgaiting (dont know if its enforced here) failure to move over, the list can go on... and they just let it go? WTF???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio