U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,628,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
the slow drivers (i.e. going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone is just as aggravating as going 50 mph in a 65 mph zone, although not as common and not as traffic hindering)
I disagree with you because the guy driving slow on a 45mph zone is usually slowing down no more than 20 cars.

The son of a ....... that likes to drive on the left lane on the highway doing 50mph and leave 1/2 mile between him and the car in front of him during rush hour is slowing down at least 30-50 cars and maybe even more.

I get to see one of those every single day during rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,692,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
If you don't commute, why are you always in the "road rage" and "bad drivers" thread?

What’s the point with your comments besides trolling?
So I don’t have a right to criticize somebody blocking a whole f……….. highway by doing 20 under the speed limit on the left lane because I got a speeding ticket 15 years ago?
You bring nothing to the discussion. All you do is say: “You can’t criticize anybody unless you are perfect”
I guess you could say that I "commute" on a jet. I have a driver that takes me to the airport...so I just sit back and relax. Other than that, I can work from home...or not work at all....even better.
If you think I'm trolling, then go ahead and report me...

On the contrary, I've brought a lot to the discussion. I'm here to expose the bad drivers of San Antonio...so far, a good amount of you have admitted that you are "part of the problem"...and not "part of the solution",including yourself...and it obviously bothers you.
It's actually surprising to hear this many people admit to giving the finger, cutting folks off, blowing the horn etc....why do you folks let others get to you? It seems as though people feel better about themselves after they have "gotten someone back" for what they perceive as a driving error. That wreaks of "no class".
Of course I am not perfect and have never claimed to be. I don't do the assinine things that some of you folks do though. Relax, you'll get there..no reason to stress. You'll probably live a little longer without the stress as well.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I guess you could say that I "commute" on a jet. I have a driver that takes me to the airport...so I just sit back and relax. Other than that, I can work from home...or not work at all....even better.

I would have never guessed that you don’t have to put up with hour of traffic everyday.
Because somebody is on the left lane texting on their cell phone.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:11 PM

5,633 posts, read 13,943,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
Suits you. You're more likely to be hit in an accident in your own car then experience a crash in the bus.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:44 PM

897 posts, read 2,614,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I disagree with you because the guy driving slow on a 45mph zone is usually slowing down no more than 20 cars.
I was referring to the frustration level when you are behind either one of these slow pokes. Anyone going too slow, be it on the road or freeway, will incite approximately the same frustration level for me. And I did mention that the slow poke on the road didn't hinder traffic as much as the slow poke on the freeway.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:46 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,348,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc11ty View Post
What are you, the forum police? You're not even a moderator! Go join SAPD or something.
No, I'm not the forum police. And no, I'm not a moderator. Too old to join SAPD, because I served 26 years in the military...how about you? I just wanted to point out a rule you may have missed when joining this forum.

Have a great Air Force day!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 PM

That picture doesn't show how dangerous buses are
that picture shows how dangerous it is to be standing inside any moving vehicle.

BTW, I still think trains are much more dangerous than riding on a bus.

YouTube - Train hits a Truck !!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:21 AM

1,314 posts, read 2,771,764 times
I think the problem is that in the United States in general, and Texas in particular, driver testing and licensing is a joke. If you can spell your name on the application, they give you a license. As a result, people just don't take driving seriously. In most of Europe, the licensing and testing requirements are much more stringent and driving is recognized as the privledge and responsibility that it is.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 AM

897 posts, read 2,614,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
I think the problem is that in the United States in general, and Texas in particular, driver testing and licensing is a joke. If you can spell your name on the application, they give you a license. As a result, people just don't take driving seriously. In most of Europe, the licensing and testing requirements are much more stringent and driving is recognized as the privledge and responsibility that it is.
I agree. Look how many driving schools there are. I wonder what the drivers education encompasses in these schools. what the licensing requirements are or what the teachers' credentials are. I know some driving schools don't have cars with right hand brakes. There's no way I would turn a new driver out on the street and not have some way to stop them from making a mistake. Some people do the online course, which seems to be somewhat of a joke. They do it to save money, which I understand, but what do the students lose out on by sitting in front of a computer screen and answering questions? If it was up to me, every new driver would have to take driver's ed in high school. Give them a 4 month course during one semester and the driving course during the next.

If someone can point me to a reputable driving school, with cars properly equipped, I would appreciate it. I have a teen that needs to take drivers' ed and this issue of where to send her is a real delima.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
I would propose making everysingle kid in HS take a "driving summer class" if they ever want to drive a car.
I'd make the class show videos of people crashing and flying out of cars 1/2 of the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio