Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,995,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
I vote that 106.7 should go back to the days when it was a contemporary Jazz station.
YES!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM

162 posts, read 539,340 times
The talk format is now officially on the air at 106.7.

I didn't know the station ever had a jazz format - I would really love a commercial jazz / smooth jazz station in town.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHen View Post
The talk format is now officially on the air at 106.7.

I didn't know the station ever had a jazz format - I would really love a commercial jazz / smooth jazz station in town.
That was an impressive marketing move...I wouldn't have thought anything about this format switch if it hadn't been for the Christmas thing.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,931 times
Yes, 106.7 as we know it now longer exist... everyone has their opinion but there is nothing horrible about R/B and hip/hop it's a matter of taste. Just like everything country, rock, etc. there are good and bad. [mod]see comment[/mod]

Last edited by Bo; 06-02-2009 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: Off-topic/personal

Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,143 times
I think there the issue with Power and The Beat was that essentially they were playing the same music. Sometimes they would be playing the same songs at the same time. There wasn't much of a difference between the stations, both had equally untalented annoying on air "talent" and the same songs in rotation.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:27 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
SIX hours of her. She's awful.
I believe it's only 3 hours of Dr. Laura ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
106.7 will be playing Christmas music all weekend. On Monday, the station will roll out a new talk radio format. Here's the new weekday lineup there.

M-F Mancow’s Morning Madhouse (live) 5am-8am
M-F Neal Boortz (live) 8am-11am
M-F Laura Ingram 11am-2pm
M-F Clark Howard 2pm-5pm
M-F Michael Savage (live) 5pm-9pm
M-F Dr. Laura 9pm-12m
Laura Ingram (dunno who she is!) for 3, and Dr. Laura for 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I don't like talk radio so I won't be listening to this station. I wanna hear music not a ton of talking 24/7. I don't think this new format is going to last very long.
Then I doubt you will be their audience! I assume this was done to pull more listeners to other stations and create new listeners, hopefully taking from WOAI or NPR. There are a lot of people who do like Talk Radio (I don't really, although I listen occassionally) and we don't have a huge selection here. I think this is more of an attempt to get some satellite radio listeners over to FM radio again.

Interesting idea with the whole Christmas music thing. I might flip the dial and listen, except NOT during Mancow. However, my hubby might be excited to hear that he's on.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,640 times
Leave the talk for AM stations. I tune in to listen to music, not to hear people babble or make prank phone calls to people first thing in the morning. It was old 6 years ago.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 AM

161 posts, read 360,360 times
Moderator cut: orphaned I used to listen to rap during the 90's. I liked it. It had a message and a point. Mind you, not all of it was great, but there was a lot of good music out of the genre back then. During the late 90's, southern rap started to become much more popular, with its party beats and a general lack of content. Yes, all music touches on themes of sexuality and drug abuse, but from my view it's all I can ever seem to get out of today's rap music. With few exceptions, it's all about what you have, the sex you're having, how much money you have, the clubbing you do, and to a lesser extent drug use. What's the point? Besides the music itself, there's nothing to get out of it. So yeah, in my opinion, rap is dead. Hip hop is the genre that's a bit more underground and still carries that message, but that's not what you hear on the radio.

I'll still give the mainstream stuff a listen every now and again, but it never convinces me that it's something I would want to listen to regularly. Take it for what it's worth, but to me being open minded means giving something consideration before forming an opinion, which I have done.

Moderator cut: orphaned

Edit: and sorry for going a bit OT

Last edited by Bo; 06-02-2009 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Orphaned - the post it refers to was deleted

Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM

131 posts, read 378,899 times
Mancow is another rip off and wannabe Howard Stern. This format chnage is another reason to switch to satellite radio. FM radio will continue to go down the tubes. They are out of ideas.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,359,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayg4 View Post
Mancow is another rip off and wannabe Howard Stern. This format chnage is another reason to switch to satellite radio. FM radio will continue to go down the tubes. They are out of ideas.
Satellite radio has gone downhill ever since the merger. They removed a bunch of radio stations instead of adding from both providers. I remember when they had 0 commercials, now it's not commercial free and the same music runs on a continuous loop all day. I will agree it is better than local braodcasts, but is it worth it to me when I spend 1.5 hours a day commuting, probably not? To some though, it's worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio