Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAnative View Post
Back in the mid 90's we lived in the Northwest Crossing area and saw how some of the wooden houses were slowly deteriorating with fading paint and warped boards. If you drive through that area now you can see just how crappy a non-brick home can look when it has not been properly maintained!

So, when I drive past Rustic Oaks and look at all those wood houses I can't help but think that they may look nice now but what will they look like in 5 or 10 years???!!! Especially if there is not a decent HOA in place.

It just doesn't make sense that Westcreek would allow a neighborhood that is not part of WC to be sandwiched in between WC subdivisions.
SAnative, just like the apartments/town homes at Loop 1604 and Military Drive West, the land was not owned by WC. Actually, it is next to WC on the corner of Grosenbacher and Potranco. Wynwood is to the North and Vistas of WC are to the West. Not much you can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 01:09 PM

7 posts, read 29,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgirlinnd30 View Post
I live in Rustic Oaks and I can't wait to move. But we chose to build in this area when we thought it was going to be nice. Well to many inplants from another State (not going to say which one) but to me has really brought down the value in my area. I was told from our HOA meeting that our area the price for selling our houses have decreased by $2000! But since your renting I guess it wouldn't be so bad. We have a beautiful house with over 2200 sq feet for 1100 a month which we will be putting on the market in a year or so.. As with Rustic Oaks when we decided to build they lied to us about being able to go to Westcreeks swimming pool and recreation areas. So If you could afford to find a house in Westcreek and have the amenties go for it. Good Luck and welcome to San Antonio!

Diane
Hi txgirlinnd30, I also live in Rustic Oaks. My wife and I bought here because we didn't want to get in over our heads in a large house. Now after settling, we wish we would have moved to a subdivision with a little more space. We luckily live in a small semi cul-de-sac that is very family friendly. I noticed that some of the streets don't seem scary to walk down at night and others do. Do you know if there is a website for our association? I am looking for forms to fill out to add a deck or patio to the back yard. Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 PM

48 posts, read 128,649 times
RandN, send me a private pm and I will give you all the info you need for our HOA..

Old 07-22-2012, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 965 times
We've lived in Rustic Oaks for 5+ years now. With the exception of 07/04 & 12/31, the neighborhood is very peaceful & quiet. I feel very safe/comfortable taking my extended weekly walks. The neighbors are friendly and tend to keep an eye out for each other without being overly nosey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio