U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 PM

343 posts, read 1,177,203 times

Advertisements

Went to Papalote at 1604/Stone Oak. It is good but the one in Monterrey, Mexico IMO is better. But if you want to try something that is from Mexico originally, try this place. The only thing I like better is the meat tastes a little better at the one I've been to in Monterrey.

A few days ago went to Brasserie Pavil on 1604/Heubner. Very good food, nice ambience, nice restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 04:02 PM

1,572 posts, read 2,531,214 times
For lunch today, I ate at Go Hyang Jib Korean BBQ House at 4400 Rittiman Rd. The food was very good and at a very reasonable price for Korean food as well!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,379,886 times
Went here on Sunday....OMG this place is WONDERFULLLLLLL!

Chama Gaucha | Brazilian Steakhouse

Recommend you go HUNGRY, and don't plan on eating for the next two days....the food is so wonderful, and the salad bar is unreal.

You have GOT to try this place. (Hint...if you go for lunch M-F it is 1/2 the price of dinner and weekends). Not somewhere I would take small kids, but I suppose a teenage boy would give them a run for their money!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM

4,103 posts, read 6,076,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post

Recommend you go HUNGRY, and don't plan on eating for the next two days....the food is so wonderful, and the salad bar is unreal.

You have GOT to try this place. (Hint...if you go for lunch M-F it is 1/2 the price of dinner and weekends). Not somewhere I would take small kids, but I suppose a teenage boy would give them a run for their money!
Yes, ma'am. I went there for my anniversary and I fell in love! I wish I could eat there everyday!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM

14,627 posts, read 31,219,481 times
Quote:

Thanks for the hint.....I have a 12 year old that is at the "bottomless pit" stage. Do you think it's appropriate for kids at lunchtime?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Thanks for the hint.....I have a 12 year old that is at the "bottomless pit" stage. Do you think it's appropriate for kids at lunchtime?
Most definitely! Lunch runs 20 for each person(actually it may be 19.50) but it is so worth it!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Sure! As long as your kid is old enough to enjoy the meal (and not eat 3 bites and push things around the plate the rest of the meal) great. I think that the $15 (or there abouts) for lunch is a great deal...we will do that next time.

We have a special event coming up where we are hosting about 25 people for a supper, and think we are going to go there...it was that nice.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Sure! As long as your kid is old enough to enjoy the meal (and not eat 3 bites and push things around the plate the rest of the meal) great. I think that the $15 (or there abouts) for lunch is a great deal...we will do that next time.

We have a special event coming up where we are hosting about 25 people for a supper, and think we are going to go there...it was that nice.
15? Did you only get salad? Or did you get the meat?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
15? Did you only get salad? Or did you get the meat?
No you are probably right about the price for lunch...I was just guessamating. I glanced at the prices on the way out and noticed the prices were about 1/2 of the dinner prices for lunch on the weekdays. We got the full deal, but it was a GREAT deal because we got one of those buy one get one free certificates from WOAI so paid $33 for both of us.

But since you brought it up, the salad bar was AWESOME and even if you don't want the meat (why ANYONE would pass up meat is beyond me....) the salad bar, venue and wine is worth it to do the "salad bar only" thing for sure.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:58 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,325,533 times
For lunch today I had carne guisada tacos from Aranda's on SW Military. They were yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or