Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 06:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times

Advertisements

LOL why wait to grass their ass when they get home?

Mine are all growed up so I can look back and laugh....

Last restaurant I ate at was Chic-fil-A today for a quick lunch. I forgot and left my lunch at home and it was convenient. Waffle fries!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Finally tried Five Guys at 151........and I am not a fan. It smelled really good when we walked in, but the burger lacked any and all flavor. The small is the perfect size but the cheese is just awful. Nice to not get charged $1 or so extra for grilled mushrooms but now that I've been there/done that, I won't be rushing back. I was really expecting a great burger.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Finally tried Five Guys at 151........and I am not a fan. It smelled really good when we walked in, but the burger lacked any and all flavor. The small is the perfect size but the cheese is just awful. Nice to not get charged $1 or so extra for grilled mushrooms but now that I've been there/done that, I won't be rushing back. I was really expecting a great burger.
Ditto. Same with Smashburger. Whataburger isn't all that bad. And they're local....

Old 03-17-2010, 09:45 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Good time Charlies for lunch ..too Cove-ish. Nicha's for Dinner better.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,559 times
AUGIES yesterday, beef and sides were great as usual, but sausage was pretty dry and hard, and chicken was fall apart flaky, but still dry. BBQ sauce tasted a little different somehow too. I'll be back, but they have lost a couple rungs on my BBQ ladder

Old 03-18-2010, 08:45 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
AUGIES yesterday, beef and sides were great as usual, but sausage was pretty dry and hard, and chicken was fall apart flaky, but still dry. BBQ sauce tasted a little different somehow too. I'll be back, but they have lost a couple rungs on my BBQ ladder
No pulled pork? There's your mistake, my friend.

It's been a while since I've been but that is my favorite thing there.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
McAdoo's last night in NB. Love the food, service was excellent - but STILL no sweet tea OR hush puppies - in a SEAFOOD place?!?!? I told the manager it was our last visit until they at least got hush puppies - he didn't seem concerned.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM

62 posts, read 132,273 times
[quote=BenjaminNicholas;13336956] Who are these people? Tacky, that's who.

Want to expose your children to fine cuisine? Make sure they can handle themselves properly and that if they don't, their ass is grass when they get home. I don't go out to eat at upscale eateries to deal with other people's badly behaved children (or badly behaved ADULTS for that matter).

BN
'2010 Nominee, San Antonio Parent of the Year'

I wouldn't call Le Frite 'upscale'. It's more like a neighborhood French joint. I've seen people wearing shorts there during the late spring/early summer. Shorts do not equal upscale.

As for the kid factor, well...while I was single, I detested any upstart that interrupted whatever it was in my narcissistic world...but as I had children, I soon realized the world wasn't just about ME, and realized that they are individuals with rights, too. So... until they bar children from restaurants, airlines, etc, you will suffer. In fact, I enjoy when kids, other than my own, act up in restaurants (unless the restaurant is truly upscale) because I've been there with the crying child, and performed 'cartwheels' trying to make them conform to social norms, yet through it all they now possess appropriate manners at any restaurant.
BTW the last restaurant we ate at : 18 Oaks.
It was mediocre at best. The oyster appetizers were frozen. It took the waiter 15 minutes to return to the table to see how things were - and they were still frozen. Rock frozen.
Save yourself a trip, until things get corrected at the new Marriott.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC4u View Post
... narcissistic world...
Calling someone narcissistic for wanting to eat in an adult environment without the sounds of screaming? Calling them wrong for eating at a restaurant that offers very little in the ways of a child-centric menu?

No. That's just being an adult and wanting to surround yourself in like-company. Parents who think it's their right to bring their misbehaved child anywhere and for any reason is just selfish and diluted: Whether single, coupled, with or without child, it's common sense to not inflict pain upon others, especially in public.

Le Frite is not Chuck E Cheese. There's a time and place for everything, but when it comes to the adult spots, leave the toddlers at home.

BN

Old 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM

62 posts, read 132,273 times
[quote=BenjaminNicholas;13348569] an adult environment

There's a time and place for everything, but when it comes to the adult spots, leave the toddlers at home.

Unfortunately we don't have a restaurant police or law to deem what is an adult environment and what is a child environment. I have seen many *******s as adults act most inappropriately at restaurants, drunk off their ass, ringing phones, talking way too loud, yet they get a pass. I've seen many children at restaurants act appropriately - at all levels of restaurants - from Le Frite to Charlie Trotters, of which mine (6 and 10) have been to both.

I hate when people level comments which demonize certain groups of people based on the actions of a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio