U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 09:41 AM

1,414 posts, read 1,869,037 times

Advertisements

Tried Smash Burger again - sad to say - the burger was grease soaked and very, very salty. Also, overpriced for what you get as compared to Culvers, for example.

Not many people there at lunch, so maybe that's a sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,756,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Tried Smash Burger again - sad to say - the burger was grease soaked and very, very salty. Also, overpriced for what you get as compared to Culvers, for example.

Not many people there at lunch, so maybe that's a sign.

Which Smash Burger?

Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,078,421 times
excellent post jules --

last restaurant we went to was Auden's Kitchen and enjoyed the food very much. Fried chicken was delicious.

However...we walked in during lunch hour -- with a 2 year old -- and got looks like you wouldn't believe. Felt like I was boarding a plane with a baby. As usual, my kiddo was well-behaved (it's the other one that was the nightmare at this age) and we too received a compliment about her behavior from the party next to us.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM

1,414 posts, read 1,869,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Which Smash Burger?
1604 and Bandera. The bottom of the roll almost fell apart in the grease. Too bad because I love a good burger.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,157,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
1604 and Bandera. The bottom of the roll almost fell apart in the grease. Too bad because I love a good burger.
I had a not-so-good experience at that one, too. First visit was great. Follow-up, pretty bad. Haven't been back.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM

2,355 posts, read 5,408,929 times
Had Bun and Barrel, it was ok not what it used to be.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:08 PM

4,081 posts, read 6,089,580 times
Mr. Cod, first visit. The lady took my order then walked away from the register. I was still standing at the register when she came back and asked "Can I help you ???" Whoa doggy...I said "yes, you can complete my order". She just looked at me. She forgot about me in 90 seconds while giving someone else their to go order. So much for that place. The fish needed another minute in the grease, the crab cakes were very good and so were the fries. Now some meds for the ADD and everything will be good to go.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:21 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,195,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
It's not just "children in adult venues", it's the way obnoxious behavior by anyone, be they children or adults, is completely unacceptable.

Give me a well behaved child over an obnoxious adult ANYDAY!!

Manners. It's what's for dinner!
Thanks Jules for support. In no way do I condone screaming children in a restaurant of any sort. Let's make that clear. Parents are responsible to teach them how to behave. But banning children because they're children - well that's not right or appropriate. I'm sure many restaurants are quite pleased when my family walks in and pays for adult and sometimes child portions for children - especially in this economy.
Now for BN, if it was so easy to control an adult in which you have no authority - aka 'simple as turning off the ringer' - that would be great. But unfortunately in this day, some people seem to be honored to be accessible 24/7, ringer on, no matter where they are. It's rude. If it was plausible to get up and turn it off for them, then you have a point. Unfortunately we have no authority over the obnoxiously loud drunk adult sitting next to us. And quite frankly, I've been in as many restaurants with an obnoxious adult as with an out-of-control child.
And as Norma Rae stated, "k'vetch, k'vetc,k'vetch".[/quote]

DC - there are plenty of restaurants around the country and a few SA that boast somewhere on the menu or posted in the dining room "Cell phones are prohibited in the dining area / Please silence your cell phones / etc." Many of these places do not offer a children's menu - the policies go hand in hand. And I have been in situations where a conceirge or host has asked a guest to turn off their phone or to end a phone call - not OUR guests.

I however would never 'feed' my ""future"" child anything off of a 'children's menu', chicken strips and spagetti and meatballs - no thanks. I would rather teach a child to cope in an adult situation and be able to taste new foods - if and when it would be appropriate.

...I know that what McD's is for....but I'll never take them there.

Anyway, I met with friends a Nosh tonight. The Green Chile Mac and Cheese had a nice bite. The Grilled Mushrooms were amazing, we all loved the garlic, tomatoes, onions...truly great and served super hot.

We were there during HH, $6 wines - awesome.

Too bad the place was not busier.

Last edited by Bo; 03-19-2010 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 PM

2,790 posts, read 5,172,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Mr. Cod, first visit.
I have a feeling that Mr. Cod is going to become Mr. Closed within the next few months.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:20 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,304,300 times
Just went to Lily's (Filipino food) for lunch today and it was very good. I've driven by it a billion times, but never noticed it. The prices were very reasonable ($5-6) and the employees were very friendly. Also got to watch a Filipino American Idol wannabe show as an added bonus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or