Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 PM

80 posts, read 193,047 times

Advertisements

We went to the Olive Garden at Alamo Ranch. It's a chain but when we walked in the hostess actually remembered us and said "Welcome back (insert last name) family". I thought wow either we really come here a lot or this is one very "personable" chain restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 11:27 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,835 times
2DMaxx ..yes that is great..Thanks for sharing

Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 AM

42 posts, read 214,153 times
Rome's Pizza at Bitters and West Ave. I think they are closing this place down? Does anyone know what's happening? I will sure miss them...

Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlibrarian View Post
Rome's Pizza at Bitters and West Ave. I think they are closing this place down? Does anyone know what's happening? I will sure miss them...
Oh no! I love their salads! How did you find out about the possible closing?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 AM

42 posts, read 214,153 times
I tried to order a pizza for delivery, which used to be no problem. I got a recorded message that I didn't understand at all. It referred me to a different location. ??? My friend who likes to go there too said she read something about the move in the paper, but I didn't see it.

http://www.romespizza.com/

Their website no longer lists the Bitters/West Ave. location. Looks like a bad omen to me!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlibrarian View Post
I tried to order a pizza for delivery, which used to be no problem. I got a recorded message that I didn't understand at all. It referred me to a different location. ??? My friend who likes to go there too said she read something about the move in the paper, but I didn't see it.

Welcome To Romes Pizza

Their website no longer lists the Bitters/West Ave. location. Looks like a bad omen to me!
Thanks for the info! It's too bad but it's good we've still got other locations. Never tried the other ones but hopefully just as good!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,625,459 times
Smile Goomba's Pizzeria

Experienced Goomba's Pizzeria yesterday for the first time (new Helotes, TX location). Tried the Goomba's Supreme large pizza/pie, the sausage on the pizza was great. The service could use some improvement, although I am willing to try them again since they have only been open for a few months. Another pizzeria for Helotes, as mentioned in the Helotes Herald. There have been other restaurants for this location that did not make it, I wish this one lot's of luck as there is some competition with Rome's Pizza and Pizza Hut already in Helotes, Tx.

Info. for anyone interested in Goomba's Helotes:

Goomba's Pizzeria - Real Pizza from a Real Paisan

Here We Go Again | The Helotes Herald

Old 04-06-2010, 01:09 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Rosario's last night. Delicious as usual! Chicken Mole for me, Enchiladas Suiza for hubby. Out-freaking-standing.

Their kids' menu sucks though. Big time. Three items. None of which a picky-almost-5-year old would eat...so we paid $12 for them to put tortilla chips on a plate and throw cheese on it. ...Seriously? Think we'll skip the kids next time.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,731,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Rosario's last night. Delicious as usual! Chicken Mole for me, Enchiladas Suiza for hubby. Out-freaking-standing.

Their kids' menu sucks though. Big time. Three items. None of which a picky-almost-5-year old would eat...so we paid $12 for them to put tortilla chips on a plate and throw cheese on it. ...Seriously? Think we'll skip the kids next time.
What? No bean and cheese tacos for the kids at $1.50??

Old 04-06-2010, 03:25 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
12 bucks for nachos? LOL for 12 bucks I could make enough nachos to feed a small army of the kiddos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio