U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2011, 05:32 PM

2,433 posts, read 3,543,606 times

Advertisements

County Line on 10 today.. was awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 05:53 PM

2,261 posts, read 3,395,925 times
Cappy's, on the patio. Fab, as always - chicken salad with steamed veggies and fresh fruit, and a nice ice cold glass of reisling. Mmmm.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:12 PM

3,987 posts, read 4,445,125 times
How appropriate....opened the page, first thing was this thread....we just got home from El Ranchito over in Seguin. If your idea of dining excellence is a bartender too engrossed in a game on TV to take care of you, you'll love this place.

This was our 4th trip to here, because we've always heard good things - there will NOT be a 5th trip! LOUSY service, both in the restaurant AND bar - to the point that I left a whole penny for the bar tender...which I will seldom do, even with mediocre service. Even the friends that were with us (who normally tip even more than we do) thought the penny was more than they earned.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM

2,676 posts, read 2,619,886 times
I just ate at Pasha's for the first time today. I had the lamb kabobs. It was really good, and just the right amount for me. I can definitely understand the popularity of this place.

I saw a lot of people ordering the Gyro. I didn't want to get that since they are fairly common these days, it seems a little cliche, like getting lemon chicken at a Chinese restaurant or Chicken Parmesan at an Italian place, I always want to be a little more adventurous. However, the Gyro's did look unusually good and it was definitely the most popular item being ordered at lunch time. I think I will try one of them next time.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 PM
JNA

238 posts, read 498,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I just ate at Pasha's for the first time today. I had the lamb kabobs. It was really good, and just the right amount for me. I can definitely understand the popularity of this place.
Pasha's has great food and is very affordable. They're getting ready to open a second spot on Blanco/1604. If it's anywhere near as good I'll be a regular there!

Old 03-30-2011, 12:44 AM

558 posts, read 707,545 times
Had lunch yesterday at Luke downtown. This was a Twilight Zone experience. We go in and the place is pretty busy with business suit types, they make up about 95% of the patrons. Customer service is above and beyond expectation, friendly warm staff from the Hostess to the waiter really makes this place stand out.

I ordered the lunch special, Red Beans & Rice with a Fried pork chop, served with your choice of soup; my pick was crab bisque. The crab bisque was very good in all its crabby essence, and full of crab meat. I added a touch more salt, and a shake of pepper which made this bisque perfect. I wish I had gotten a bowl of this for lunch. Instead I got the red beans & rice, and it was as bland and boring as it could get. The red beans lacked any depth of flavor, just one note...bland. The addition of Tabasco and salt made the beans tolerable. The pork chop looked like a winner, golden brown, with flecks of fresh herbs in the breading. Sadly the breading was the only winner, the pork was dry under seasoned -- if seasoned at all. The meal on a whole was abysmal. I had high hopes with this being a John Besh establishment.

Below is a picture of the pork chop, the dry sad piece of meat is there in all its glory.

I had Max's Wine Dive for dinner and that fried chicken erased all memories of the horrible lunch. I was skeptical going in, and a believer leaving. The 4 pc. fried chicken was served with mashed potatoes and collard greens, and instead of the Texas toast my dinner date and I opted for the jalapeno cornbread, huge mistake. The cornbread was dry, dry, and did I mention dry? It had a strange aroma once in the mouth, my date said it could be the jalapenos. I'd best describe it as pecans that had gone rancid. The chicken could do no wrong, and the mashed potatoes were exactly what they were suppose to be. The greens were actually pretty good, nice vinegar flavor; the only blemish were the improperly cleaned and dressed greens. There were way too many stalks and on more than one occasion I chomped down on dirt or sand. This meal was good and filling despite the two minor bumps. They will be getting my business on a regular if the rest of the menu is on par with the fried chicken.
Attached Thumbnails
SA, Last Restaurant/Place You Ate At-img_0201.jpg  

Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 AM

865 posts, read 1,066,543 times
The Monty again for brunch Sunday. The new grits dish hit the spot with the addition of bacon. The new cook is really running the kitchen better than ever. Looking forward to going back tonight...

Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 AM

775 posts, read 888,894 times
Tangere on McCullough at Olmos Circle. Soups were extraordinary. One had 1/2 lobster could not rave enough. Gnochi was awesome also.

In neighborhood, will return shortly.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:46 PM

78 posts, read 68,998 times
The Lords Kitchen for lunch!! Great burger, for sure one of the best in town.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 PM

985 posts, read 1,018,643 times
South Congress Cafe in Austin - fried quail sandwich. Pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio