U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM

915 posts, read 1,659,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlockd View Post
Sichuan's ma po tofu is really good along with the crispy and stewed tofu. I have yet to take a walk on the wild side in regards to the rest of the menu, but I'll ease into it slowly. The location is very close, which is great and as you've said...the prices are very reasonable.
the whole tilapia is a must if you enjoy fish. really delicious. the pig ear was truly outstanding on the adventurous side. The beef jerky, hot pot, and crispy chicken are on my list to try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,556,106 times
BILL MILLERS and it was actually a good plate for a change. The rice was old and hard, but they replaced it with hash browns without incident. Everything else was hot and fresh

Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 PM

4 posts, read 3,855 times
Texas Land And Cattle !

Pretty good state but I have had better !

Old 04-14-2011, 07:34 PM

36 posts, read 83,177 times
I know it can be pretty hit or miss, but was at Shogun's just a couple days ago (first time for me, one of many for my coworkers), and had a pretty good time. Place gives you a Benihana type show at Buffet prices ($10-$15/plate). I found the food to be quite good, but a couple folks said the last time they had been there it was a bit salty, so guess you need to keep an eye on the cook. At least he's right there at the table

Old 04-14-2011, 07:49 PM

246 posts, read 359,296 times
PHỞ THIÊN ÂN

Lunch today was a great Bun Bowl. Never been dissapointed here. I really like their spring rolls

Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM

216 posts, read 318,419 times
Cajun food that doesn't scream at you but draws you in with the appearance and the wonderful aromas. You gotta try Bourbon St. the one in Leon Springs over by the HEB. I was there Tuesday night had the scallop and shrimp stuffed eggplant, my guest had salmon with crabmeat and I have to tell you they were both awesome. I've eaten at K'Pauls and Ralph and Cacoos in New Orleans and they have nothing over this place.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,556,106 times
Stopped at WENDYS this morn to try their new breakfasts. Had the cibatta burger with bacon and egg, good, better than similar sandwiches from Sonic or JIB. The little square patties they use are just the right size for breakfasts. Other items looked good also. Biggest suprise was the coffee, I enjoyed it very much. A little stronger tham McD (which I prefer) but much better than other fast food coffee. The location near me has been giving out BOGO coupons for the breakfast items, ask for them BTW, I recently tried their new sea salt fries, they ARE better than McDs

Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 AM

944 posts, read 1,580,220 times
The last two:

The bagel factory - amazing. i had the fisherman on a cheese bagel. it had lox cream cheese, lox folded on top, tomato, red onion and capers. absolutely delicious. i can't stop thinking about it.

Lemon Grass Thai food off 281. Not bad, would go back for sure. A couple of things to note, the spring roll order is just three rolls cut in half to look like you're getting more not a big deal, just keep that in mind if you're there with a big party. The other part, is that even though we were there at lunch time, and we ordered Phad Thai, we got the dinner entree and were charged ($10.99 vs. $6.50) as such. Apparently, you have to ask for the lunch special even during lunch. I don't know if that's a policy of theirs or our waiter sucked. He didn't seem too interested in his job, he seemed to rush us and was just kinda off. Case in point, when we ordered, I found it strange that he didn't ask about our choice of soup or salad or what kind of rice we wanted as part of the lunch special. That should have been a tip off for me that we weren't getting the lunch special, but when I brought it to his attention that the menu said we have a choice of soup or salad and he said today there's only soup, I figured we were getting the lunch special. My fault I guess, for assuming that we'd get the lunch special during lunch.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,078,579 times
I just heard about the Bagel Factory and have been anxious to try it...can they beat NY bagels I wonder?!?! Thanks for the review...maybe we'll try it today -- too hot to cook!

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

944 posts, read 1,580,220 times
had another fisherman bagel today on an everything bagel. yummy...also tried their polish sausage bagelache, their take on a kolache. basically a polish sausage wrapped in bagel dough and baked. very good. i found a new place and it's just about across the street. oh and yes, better than NY but then again, i think Einstein's is better than NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or