U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 04:18 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,348,051 times

Advertisements

I ate at Z Tejas at La Cantera on Friday. I know its a funny thing to order at a mexican restaurant (though Z Tejas is not exactly a traditional mexican restaurant) but I wound up ordering the Z Tejas burger. I wasn't in the mood for much of anything and a burger sounded kind of good, but I have to say I was blown away by it. It was easily one of the best burgers I have ever ate, I even went back on Sunday with my wife and had it again. The bun is kind of sweet, the meat is well seasoned and has a nice charred flavor to it, similar to a burger you'd cook on a grill at home, and the jalapeno mayonnaise they make there really adds a nice flavor to the whole thing. I've always used to be a fan of Chris Madrid's, but have been disappointed lately as the last few burgers I had there came out kind of dry, but this burger beats Chris Madrid's on their best day anytime.

My wife had the pork chop special with mushrooms, and it too was very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 12:55 PM

246 posts, read 360,077 times
The cove last night. Crowded but great food and beer as ususal.
Madhatters for lunch today. Great sandwiches and soup. Highly recommend this place.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 PM

24 posts, read 39,693 times
Went last night with a friend to Rays Pizzeria for the first time at around 6. he had been bragging about how great the pizza was and wanted to try it. We ordered a large meat supreme and By Far that Was the BEST PIZZA i had ever ate! and to top it off we were in during happy hour so we had a pitcher of budlight lime for 5.50. Excellent stuff and defenitly going back there soon again!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM

1,572 posts, read 2,529,945 times
Hut's Burgers and Kerbey Lane Cafe.. both in Austin.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,874,224 times
Two bad experiences, in places we usually like:

1. Boston Pizza on 1604. Nasty, surly waiter. One dish not marked spicey on the menu was very spicey.

2. Milano's on Wurzbach (usually pretty good) - truly obnoxious waiter. Food was very slow in coming and waiter was full of baloney about the problem and then became snotty. Flies in the dining. Table next to us had: Waiter - there's a fly in my wine. Yuk.

Straighten up - you usually are pretty good.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,200,060 times
Auden's Kitchen, for dinner on Mother's Day.

Great food. Really interesting menu. Large dining room that didn't feel too crowded, noisy or cramped. It was an A+ experience for us!

Old 05-09-2011, 02:51 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,323,943 times
Great Mother's Day buffet at Old San Francisco Steakhouse!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:57 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,348,051 times
Went to Texas De Brazilia for Mother's Day. I'm not really a big fan of the whole Brazilian steakhouse experience. Don't get me wrong, I love a good steak, but I always get filled up too quickly and the quality of the meat, while very good, doesn't match places IMHO like Bohanan's or Myron's Steakhouse, not to mention a chain place like Morton's. I prefer a good sit down steak dinner. That being said, the salad bar is spectacular at Texas de Brazilia, with far better and more diverse items than Chamogoucho or whatever its called on 1604 near Stone Oak. The lobster bisque they have on the bar is really good. You can get just the salad bar, without the goucho meat servings for around $24. I will go again just for the salad course.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,874,224 times
Sushihana on NW Military. Wasn't cheap but really good. Very enjoyable - have spent the same amount on some other upscale joints that were just Feh!

Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,340,699 times
Yard House @ La Cantera yesterday afternoon. By far the worst food I've had here and also the most expensive dog food I've ever bought. Got the ribs with creamed corn and some sort of beans on the side and it was just awful. Obviously a very old an anorexic pig to start with and just beyond nasty. Chewy, extremely greasy, awful taste, and made me very sick afterwards. I told the waiter my honest opinion when he asked how it was and the manager came out to see me and told me he had them once when he first started working there and never had them again... that's good honesty, but you should also probably put that on the menu. *Manager recommends staying away from this item

So pretty much $44 dog food and the dogs really appreciated it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or