U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Mid South Central TX
3,184 posts, read 7,452,021 times
Reputation: 2189

Advertisements

410 Diner..hadn't eaten there in years..mmmmmm....I need to go back just to have all of the vegetables/sides that they offer...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM
 
1,423 posts, read 1,881,633 times
Reputation: 853
Yard House at La Cantera - food was good as was the service. Seen mixed reviews but we had a good meal and time.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
5,142 posts, read 11,495,585 times
Reputation: 2506
Doubledave's Pizzaworks on Potranco. I love this pizza and the coupon on the back of the HEB receipt for a Buy 1 Buffet, Get 1 Buffet Free is even better.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 12:54 PM
 
Location: NE San Antonio
1,642 posts, read 3,569,136 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Doubledave's Pizzaworks on Potranco. I love this pizza and the coupon on the back of the HEB receipt for a Buy 1 Buffet, Get 1 Buffet Free is even better.

Provided they have a good crew working there, I think DD may be the best chain pizza around, I like going there, esp for the buffet. Sadly, I can never find coups for the AH location anymore, I know others nearby get them in the mail.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: NE San Antonio
1,642 posts, read 3,569,136 times
Reputation: 1430
Stopped in the TEXAS ROADHOUSE at Harry Wurz/Rittiman for the first time, I was a little impressed. The menu is pretty basic, burgers and stuff plus a few dinners, for some reason I thought they had BBQ too. I had the fish sandwich, which a friend recommeded, it had 2 square patties, tom & lettuce, very large. I liked it, the bun was good too. My dining comp enjoyed a burger, also good sized. Onion rings were thick beer battered style, not my fav, but fine. Cream gravy was good. I saw the CFS, it was very large with a smooth crust, think I'll try it. Kids plates were 3.99. I was amazed with what they did with the building, which used to house KIM TRAN and the old TIME OUT CLUB among other things. It has faux rustic decor with a huge raised ceiling, I felt like I was somewhere else. There was classic rock on the soundsystem when I was there, which I enjoyed. They also had a shuddered converted breezway patio with a kids playhouse, which I assume they open up to the air on cooler days. I will be back
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 01:49 PM
 
1,012 posts, read 1,220,224 times
Reputation: 1023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Provided they have a good crew working there, I think DD may be the best chain pizza around, I like going there, esp for the buffet. Sadly, I can never find coups for the AH location anymore, I know others nearby get them in the mail.
I agree, Double Daves is the best chain pizza place...but they have such a small buffet and get negligent keepin it well stocked.

It gets old. As I have freely said, best chain pizza place in terms of taste but going to Double Daves is very hit or miss in terms of dining experience. I understand they may not have what I want waiting for me when I get there, but they are very slow to keep the buffet full of various pizzas.

I also cant stand the fact they bus the tables everytime you stand up (a common problem in the buffet industry) I dont want to go and get a new drink, new napkins and new cups of sauces evertime I stand up.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
 
Location: NE San Antonio
1,642 posts, read 3,569,136 times
Reputation: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
Stopped in the TEXAS ROADHOUSE at Harry Wurz/Rittiman for the first time, I was a little impressed. The menu is pretty basic, burgers and stuff plus a few dinners, for some reason I thought they had BBQ too. I had the fish sandwich, which a friend recommeded, it had 2 square patties, tom & lettuce, very large. I liked it, the bun was good too. My dining comp enjoyed a burger, also good sized. Onion rings were thick beer battered style, not my fav, but fine. Cream gravy was good. I saw the CFS, it was very large with a smooth crust, think I'll try it. Kids plates were 3.99. I was amazed with what they did with the building, which used to house KIM TRAN and the old TIME OUT CLUB among other things. It has faux rustic decor with a huge raised ceiling, I felt like I was somewhere else. There was classic rock on the soundsystem when I was there, which I enjoyed. They also had a shuddered converted breezway patio with a kids playhouse, which I assume they open up to the air on cooler days. I will be back
-------------> it's LONGHORN CAFE, sorry
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 12:33 AM
 
1,836 posts, read 3,346,012 times
Reputation: 1735
Liberty Bar... Not much to say, other than it's changed far too much from it's original location. The food is still good, but the atmosphere is uncomfortable, the service overbearing and the new concept, IMO, a total flop. It's been a year since opening and they still haven't put up anything on their walls. It's like eating lunch at Buchenwald.




BN
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
 
47 posts, read 76,098 times
Reputation: 45
El Jarro's (281 & BItters) Ah-mazing! I LOVE their tortilla soup and could eat the salsa alone in a bowl!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Tx
35 posts, read 84,766 times
Reputation: 34
Ate at Fattboy Burger's for the first time yesterday. Seen them in 2 articles in the SA paper, so we figured we'd make the trek in to SA to try them out.

The service was great, the food was VERY greasy, but juicy and tasty.

The worst part...the horrific smell of trash and grease as you walk up to the place. And the smoke and grease were almost too overwhelming to sit inside the VERY small inside dining area of the restaurant and enjoy the food. That part was rather disappointing.

So the burger, fries and onion rings were good, but I don't know that we'd go back there again. I'd just assume go to Chesters (so I can have one of their random beer special selections) or CBQ's in Schertz.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top