U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 973,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
The Avocado Margarita IS amazing!!! Very filling tho! I've been visiting the original Aldaco's (at Sunset Station) for a few years and think the first Avocado Margarita I had there was at least 2 years ago. They are the BOMB!
An Avacado Margarita! WOW I have never had one, is it their specialty drink? Sounds real refreshing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM

181 posts, read 613,038 times
I ate at Pam's Patio Kitchen for lunch today. I had a cup of tortilla soup and the chipotle chicken sandwich. It was so good!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM

75 posts, read 173,500 times
Default Last place that I have eaten was Taco Bell

It was not good. In addition to that, they had too many nets around the soda fountain machine. Is it against the law to have nets around the soda fountain because of health reason(s)

Old 07-16-2009, 03:55 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,341,690 times
Last night we stopped by the Salads Creation in Alamo Ranch. It is on the frontage road near the Mattress Firm store (or some mattress store) facing the access road to 1604. The place was great. They let you mix ANYTHING YOU WANT with the exception of the proteins for one price. If you are a salad or veggie fan, this is YOUR place!!! They have any and everything...and it was really good. They have about 8 different cheeses, nuts, cruton type of toppings after you have mixed everything else you want, and then you can add the meat if you choose. The full size salad is HUGE (they serve it either tossed or chopped, right in the big stainless steel bowl then prep'ed it in, and since I got ours to go, we ended up with enough to make both dinner last night and lunch for work today for both hubby and I.

I got the buffalo chicken salad with the garlic dressing....Ymmmmmmmmm! Got DH the Wild Salamon salad with spinach and all the fixings...he loved his as well.

We will definitely be back....a very refreshing meal on a HOT summer day for sure!

Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Last night we stopped by the Salads Creation in Alamo Ranch. It is on the frontage road near the Mattress Firm store (or some mattress store) facing the access road to 1604. The place was great. They let you mix ANYTHING YOU WANT with the exception of the proteins for one price. If you are a salad or veggie fan, this is YOUR place!!! They have any and everything...and it was really good. They have about 8 different cheeses, nuts, cruton type of toppings after you have mixed everything else you want, and then you can add the meat if you choose. The full size salad is HUGE (they serve it either tossed or chopped, right in the big stainless steel bowl then prep'ed it in, and since I got ours to go, we ended up with enough to make both dinner last night and lunch for work today for both hubby and I.

I got the buffalo chicken salad with the garlic dressing....Ymmmmmmmmm! Got DH the Wild Salamon salad with spinach and all the fixings...he loved his as well.

We will definitely be back....a very refreshing meal on a HOT summer day for sure!
When are they coming to NC SA?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 AM

1,893 posts, read 4,863,811 times
Sea Island. My wife and i used to eat at the original Sea Island on Rector some 30 years ago when it was the only one. We haven't been there in years. It used to be a sit down restaurant with great sea food. I stopped in to the one by Ingram Park Mall yesterday for lunch and was surprised to see that it has turned into a slightly upscale copy of Barnacle Bill's. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. There were more little kids than a Chucky Cheese and of course the one next to use was screaming her lungs out so much that I had to go ask for another table. We were seated next to another table with another toddler in a high chair but at least this one was behaving. I wonder if the original one on Rector has been downgraded to fast food as well.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:12 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,145,156 times
Yes, the one on Rector has been "downgraded" as well. As for all the kids, well, it's summertime. I personally like their food OK, but I don't like their ordering/getting your drinks/then waiting for an open table system. I will say that the one on Ingram has extremely friendly waitstaff and hosts.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:45 AM

413 posts, read 1,271,284 times
Thanks for everyone building my appetite. I'm starving now. lol. I am soooo happy Cheddar's is in San Antonio now. It is really great food for an excellent price. I had Quicksands with my mom, which is in the Embassy Oaks by Fast Eddies and Wingstop. It was good, but I didn't like the lady who took our order. It wasy my first time and she kinda made me feel stupid. They have good vegetarian and other healthy options.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,553,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Sea Island. My wife and i used to eat at the original Sea Island on Rector some 30 years ago when it was the only one. We haven't been there in years. It used to be a sit down restaurant with great sea food. I stopped in to the one by Ingram Park Mall yesterday for lunch and was surprised to see that it has turned into a slightly upscale copy of Barnacle Bill's. The food was OK but nothing to write home about. There were more little kids than a Chucky Cheese and of course the one next to use was screaming her lungs out so much that I had to go ask for another table. We were seated next to another table with another toddler in a high chair but at least this one was behaving. I wonder if the original one on Rector has been downgraded to fast food as well.
Little harsh maybe? I have been going to SI consitently for over 30 years myself, and it really hasn't changed very much at all. It has always been a family restuarant, and while nothing is ever as good as it once was, the food is pretty much prepared the same. They do have more menu choices now, but I don't think they have gotten rid of much of anything. I would not call it "downgraded" or fast food in any case.

You might avoid some kids by dining at the "early bird" hours, but it's hard to avoid a crowd. I do notice some differences in taste and presentation at different locations, I usually go to and prefer Rector.

BTW, BARNICAL BILLS was a knock-of of SI, not the other way round!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 AM

2,260 posts, read 4,940,624 times
We had breakfast at the Jalisco on Wurzbach between Fredericksburg and I10 - don't remember that cross street. I had the migas, and OH MY GOSH. Heaven on a freakin' plate. I love their migas.

We had dinner at Mi Tierra (yes, we were entertaining out of town guests!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or