U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 AM

863 posts, read 1,046,216 times
Goode Seafood Co. (Houston) - lump crab gumbo, grilled shrimp w/ salsa verde, and red beans were all good, but nothing memorable. The wine list was pedestrian. No Muscadet or Chablis at a seafood restaurant that prominently serves oysters is a crime against the food gods. What they did have overlapped so badly that I felt bad for them. I can't believe someone was paid to put together their list. Food/wine were on par with a high-end chain restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 12:08 PM

863 posts, read 1,046,216 times
Since I was a child, I have always been a huge fan of Mexican street food. I grew-up frequenting Nuevo Laredo and the like and later Tijuana, Mexico City, etc.

Today, I read an Express News piece where someone was seeking the recipe for Tiago's street tacos. I had never heard of Tiago's but quickly discovered they had 2 locations and 1 was near my office. I then took a couple of coworkers and went to try the tacos.

I now have to wonder what people eat at home if they want the recipe for these tacos. We tried the beef, shrimp, and chicken tacos and they all tasted like average char-grilled fajitas complete with heaps of grilled onions and peppers. There was little semblance between what they are serving as Baja street tacos and the real thing. They were edible and not much more. $13+ for an order with tea w/ tax/tip.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:07 AM

984 posts, read 995,779 times
Red Lobster on 281 - yeah a chain, but sometimes passible. This time the fish were mush - must have been frozen in the trawler for a couple of years. Yuk.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 AM

3 posts, read 1,467 times
Godai on West Ave, the place looks like a barn but man it was good. Insane winelist for a sushi place. Great price for what you get in quantity and quality.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:55 PM

184 posts, read 268,504 times
Ate at Ruby Tuesday's yesterday at Alamo Ranch and yuck will not be going back.
They gave me some rolls that look like they were squished ha and the entree I ordered was way to oily/buttery so yeah take that place off my list.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:40 AM

767 posts, read 863,064 times
Tre Trattoria- Had veal Osso Buco, ravioli and beets. Service was diligent and not over fawning. All three dishes were incredible.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 AM

418 posts, read 395,121 times
CBQ Eatery in Schertz

CBQ Eatery

Service is fast enough You can be in 'n out within an
hour over lunch... makes this place an alternative to
the usual fast food joints.

The food, mainly burgers, is pretty good for the price.
Don't expect the usual burger... they are far too large
to be consumed with anything but a knife 'n fork.

Prices are very reasonable for the main dishes.

Don't expect fine cuisine... do expect an alternative
to the fast food joints that you can visit over lunch.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,747,674 times
Nemo's on Potranco just outside of 1604 across from Walmart. Sorry dont know the shopping center name.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3420/nemos3.th.jpg (broken link)

I had the Mahi Mahi with pan fired veggie melody. Those veggies had such a great taste and the fish was a good filling cut. Thick not dry and not burnt. The fries where also good and the plate was nice and hot the way food should come to you. Price wise to plate size is ok. I would like to see a little less on prices but its worth a least a 3-5 time visit a year. Just depends on how much you like to eat out I guess. Bill was 37 for two with an appeitizer(calimari).

Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 PM

1,008 posts, read 538,062 times
Beef and Bourbon, Rigsby west of 410. They have daily lunch specials from 11:00 to 3:00. I had the small t-bone ( about ten ounces), baked potato, and soup for only $8.99. Not bad for an after church late lunch.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:44 PM

1,836 posts, read 2,007,943 times
Last night, Feast (in Southtown)...

Great night for eating outside and their patio has been readjusted from the formerly uncomfortable seating that Oloroso offered. Big, sturdy tables and comfortable chairs. Just the right amount of lighting. Not a lot of noise.

First off, the whole restaurant has been redesigned: Expect lots of lucite, lacquer white and heavily saturated accent color. For such a laid back neighborhood, I see Feast as the beacon for folks who are looking for something a little more Las Vegas or Miami. Thankfully, the service and the menu are strong, backing up the design versus weakening the concept as a whole.

Expect small plates. Good for sharing. $8-18 price range. Very diverse, but reasonably priced wine list. Full bar. Great intimate lounge area. I hear they are now open for brunch on Sundays, but this is decidedly a dinner spot (5-11pm, Tu-Sat, I think).

I'm going to do a full write-up on the food on my UrbanSpoon account (see link below if you want to follow), but I can say that the kitchen comes out swinging strong. They know what they're doing: The portions are decent and the flavors are all there. Feast obviously hired folks who have a lot of experience in other facets of San Antonio dining.

Benjamin's profile | Urbanspoon

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio