U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 PM

581 posts, read 1,061,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
I'm gonna have to try this place out,..is it always crowded?...what's a good time to go?
It appeared to be. We went on a Saturday around 1. About a good 25 min wait and there are long tables and small tables to sit at. It's not bad because the food is really good but I have an strong aversion to large, close crowds so I didn't throughly enjoy my meal. But that's entirely me. Talking with someone next to us, he said that weekends were always crazy but in speaking with some others, it seems it's pretty busy all the time. Which may be why they're opening a second location as stated above.

And it's not really a restuarant but I got a new pack of MRE's in on Saturday. Buffalo Chicken, FTW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 AM

2,359 posts, read 5,533,485 times
Seeing the reviews I am curious to try it, they are opening one up on Blanco rd at the old hungry farmer.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM

464 posts, read 679,028 times
Dinner with the in-laws and wife and daughters at The Fig Tree along the Riverwalk. The Truffled Mashed Potatoes with their Beef Wellington is out of this world!!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:36 PM

3,777 posts, read 6,667,749 times
Tried to eat at Calypso on Friday, but they were closed, so went down the road to Bobby J's for the first time.

It was delicious, I had the green chile burger and some onion rings, washed down with a Stella. Yum.

I will say, the woman working the counter in there was one of the most annoying people I have ever dealt with or heard dealing with customers....my gf and I were both listening in amazement.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM

5,738 posts, read 6,695,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillcountrywinefan View Post
Dinner with the in-laws and wife and daughters at The Fig Tree along the Riverwalk. The Truffled Mashed Potatoes with their Beef Wellington is out of this world!!
I admit I had to look up to see what Beef Wellington is and looking at the pictures, it doesn't look appealing to me at all but that is because I like my beef cooked well done. Can't stand the sight of redness in meat.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,580,009 times
Rosario's in Southtown. I ordered the chicken mole enchiladas and they were fantastic. Always love their roasted salsa.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM

915 posts, read 1,690,483 times
I love beef wellington and have always wanted to try the Fig Tree. Now I have a reason to go...

Old 01-03-2012, 12:35 PM

168 posts, read 365,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
You do realize that with a Cheesecake Factory receipt you are entitled to free valet? Throw in a few bucks for a tip and you're set. There's still tons of free, unvarnished parking on the upper level of La Cantera (near Perry's Steakhouse) for those who have weird issues with valet.

BN
We at a late lunch at the La Cantera Cheesecake Factory on 12/24/11 where we utilized the valet parking and were asked to pre-pay. We checked with the The Cheesecake Factory manager before departing the restaurant about validating our parking receipt and he refused. He reported the only validated valet parking by Cheesecake Factory is at North Star Mall and currently there is no plan to validate parking at La Cantera.
So, please let me know how you got your La Cantera valet ticket validated so we'll be much smarter on future trips!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 PM

945 posts, read 1,617,238 times
Full House Chinese off Thousand Oaks. The sesame chicken is good and their egg rolls are amazing.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:03 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,580,009 times
Tong's Thai at 1146 Austin Highway.

Absolutely TERRIBLE. I don't understand the hype around this place at all. Sure the interior decorating is nice but the food sucks. The chicken noodle soup they served us came out at room temperature and the noodles were hard. The Pad Thai tasted like it had fish sauce in it and the shrimp and chicken used were completely dry and tasteless. The fried tofu was disgusting as well.. tasteless and it felt like I was eating a sponge. That's not how fried tofu should taste. The noodles were too soggy than what they should've been as well.

Overall the food tasted like something you'd buy at an Asian fast food place at a mall food court. Difference being the price is double or more than you'd pay there.

I'm sorry San Antonio, but you have bad taste in Asian food. I don't pay attention to your "best of" lists anymore because none of the restaurants ever live up to the hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or