Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,258 times

Advertisements

El Cebiche de Waldito - very hole in the wall looking next to Old West Burgers but the food was unbelievable. Outstanding lomito saltado and can't wait to try their Puerto Rican plates next time. Lomito saltado was best Peruvian I've had (in SA or Calif).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 03:31 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Just hit Boo-Dawgs again. Not only are the burgers phenomenal, but the steaks are just as good if not better than what you can find at the double barrel named places in town. Hand selected, hand trimmed steak is hard to beat.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:38 PM

363 posts, read 748,482 times
Ounce Steakhouse in the Vineyard on 1604. It was horrible. Even with our groupon it wasn't worth it. They'll have to pay ME to go back.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:39 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Had Perico's at Huebner Oaks, good food and service.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:03 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,301 times
The Palm- Wife an I took advantage of their Winter Prix Fixe and it was a nice deal. 2 courses and a side for $50. We both started with the mushroom ravioli and they were very nice, but forgettable. I enjoyed the filet and my wife enjoyed her tamarind scallops for mains. Sides were green beans and a very average lobster mac and cheese ($3 mas). Overall it was a nice experience at a reasonable price. A great deal when you want to dress-up and enjoy an adult beverage. If I was going to order off the regular menu, I would hit Bohanan's instead (better food for the $).

El Bucanero- Holy cr@p, why did I not hit this place sooner? Awesome ceviche, shrimp diablo, and gobernator tacos on the cheap. The seafood tastes fresh and is expertly prepared. What a gem. They are opening a northside location next month at Blanco/1604. The original is BYOB, but I imagine the new location will probably serve (but I didn't ask). I can't wait to go back!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:37 AM

168 posts, read 409,311 times
Corner Bakery Cafe along the access road at 1604/Stone Oak.
New franchise. Enjoyed their menu previously while back East, but it has gone down hill!
Lunch sandwich which consisted of very thick and not so fresh bread with chicken salad. I had to hunt for the chicken - same size as the raisins!
If you LOVE bread - this is your place. I scrapped the tiny scoop of chicken salad off the bread, ate it and went away hungry!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM

170 posts, read 291,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I ate at Ray's Pizzaria on Blanco & Lockhill-Selma for the first time in my life. Got the pepperoni slice & a feta slice with garlic parmesan and medium buffalo wings. SO....FREAKING.....GOOD. It was delicious! Tasted just like NY pizza....I was immediately transported to this skeevy little hole-in-the-wall (literally!) on 71st Avenue in Forest Hills where I whiled away many an evening gobbling carbs. Absolutely delicious pizza & Ray's today definitely brought me back.

The buffalo wings were perfectly spiced. Perhaps just a tad too much fat, but just barely noticeable....they were delicious. And the buffalo sauce that was left over was the perfect dip for the pizza crust! Ahhhhhhh, heaven.

I really needed that. It was a tossup between Ray's & Ilsong Garden for some bulgogi while I waited for my car work to be done. Glad I picked Ray's. My taste buds are still tingling.

Ambience: 9/10
Food: 9/10
Sentimentality: Infinity/10
Used to be Goomba's. Our family lovingly refers to it as "Greasy Pizza". The lunch specials are super cheap.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:56 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,151 times
Went to Ounce Steakhouse at 1604 and Blanco. It was up to my expectations for a place that pricey. Certainly not the best steak I have ever had but it was a very fine steak.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:01 PM

545 posts, read 1,061,801 times
Jerusalem Grill. Wow. Will definitely be going back.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 PM

581 posts, read 1,188,009 times
Perry's Steakhouse in La Cantera for a early dinner with my Pop yesterday. Dad wanted me to try it since it's my mom's and his "place" now. I had my version of "surf and turf." Started with the ahi tuna app which was delish. The searing was justright, although the rice left something to be desired but it was okay. Main course was the bone in NY Strip, medium, which was sick! It was so good. Although it comes with a topping of herb-garlic butter on top and I generally do not like anything to top a steak. If it's a great steak, that will be enough for me. It was great with it on so I'm sure to ask if it can come without next time. One nitpick though is it was served slightly on the under cooked to medium. I'm sure the intent was it would continue cooking after it was taken off the fire but maybe 1 more minute on before being taken off and it would have been. But I don't mind a medium rare steak so it didn't bother me.

Side of asparagus, steamed to prefection, not too raw nor too chewy. Topped with salt/pepper. Staff was cool. I didn't know I was going so I was in shorts and flippy floppys but I didn't feel so out of place. Atmosphere was cool and laid back. Prices were comparitive to majority of other finer steakhouses. I would go back again if i happened to be in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio