Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,545,158 times

Advertisements

I loved the comments about Sea Island. It reminds me of what Yogi Berra said. "Nobody eats there any more --it's always too crowded!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 01:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I loved the comments about Sea Island. It reminds me of what Yogi Berra said. "Nobody eats there any more --it's always too crowded!"
I never eat there anymore. I used to go there for the fried shrimp but it seems like the last time I was there a few years ago the shrimp were tiny.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:27 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Buffalo's Southwest Cafe...bad news is their service is VERY lacking...I can understand it taking time to cook wings, but we waited an additional 5 minutes after the food was on the table for silverware and watched two other tables have the same issue (one lady got up and asked for it) as well as the check...it was like teens were running the place and there was no supervisor (adult) at all that we could see.

Good news is it has some of the BEST wings we have had in San Antonio and we have decided they were SO good that we will order them to go and miss out on the slow service and VERY noisy dining room.
My family tried BSC a couple of days ago. You are right about the service, we were one of only about 2 full tables and we had to wait to have our orders taken, wait on dessert, and wait even longer for the ticket. Even with all that, the food was awesome! Everyone left with full tummys. We will try again to see if the service improves.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:29 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
Luby's South Park Mall. Doesn't anyone eat a Luby's anymore?
Gag. Not a fan.

We're going to the Cove this evening for dinner to celebrate my birthday (it's August 12, for those of you playing along at home. ). There's some sort of art thing going on there, so no idea if we'll actually be able to eat. Anyone know anything about it?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:49 PM

188 posts, read 551,016 times
For lunch today we go take out from Big Kahuna's (Grilled Lemongrass Fish and Grilled Lemongrass Beef, both on noodles). For dinner we went to Turquoise Grill off 410 and 10. It was our first time, and it was fabulous place! I had the doner kabab, and my husband had the kofte kabab. The service was very friendly although a little scattered, but the food was top notch. We're feeling very peaceful about our move to San Anotnio now that we've found our regular Thai, Vietnamese, and Middle Eastern eateries! (now we just need to find an Ethiopian joint!)

Old 08-09-2009, 05:53 PM

Went to the Cove for my birthday dinner last night. The joint was PACKED. I've seriously never had to wait in line there (maybe one or two people ahead of me). But last night? The line was out the door! It was nuts!

But it was still fabulous. They had a little arts and music deal going on, and that combined with being #5 in Texas Monthly's list of 50 Best Burgers in Texas (8/2009) made it a little bit of a madhouse! I spoke briefly with the owner and she said they'd been slammed (her words!) since the magazine had come out.

I just had the straight up burger with sweet potato fries. Mmmmm. Just as good as always. The only downside was they were out of Leinenkugel, but eh. Bud Light works too.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,684 times
Kerby Lane in Austin, yummmmmmmm.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Went to the Cove for my birthday dinner last night. The joint was PACKED. I've seriously never had to wait in line there (maybe one or two people ahead of me). But last night? The line was out the door! It was nuts!

But it was still fabulous. They had a little arts and music deal going on, and that combined with being #5 in Texas Monthly's list of 50 Best Burgers in Texas (8/2009) made it a little bit of a madhouse! I spoke briefly with the owner and she said they'd been slammed (her words!) since the magazine had come out.

I just had the straight up burger with sweet potato fries. Mmmmm. Just as good as always. The only downside was they were out of Leinenkugel, but eh. Bud Light works too.
Yep, I was going to say that for sure it had to do with the magazine article!!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
Getting readyt o throw down on some wings from Wingstop (and Shiner) Mmmmmmmm

Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Wingstop lemon pepper wings are the bomb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio