Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,519,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
yea, I couldn't understand the cash only thing either. Felt like we were doing some backdoor deal with the barbecue devil. Our bill was reasonable though because the kids' all you can eat was $6, while the second kid shared my plate. We thought the sausage was awesome...the pepper and spices inside...Yum. And I'm not a big fan of sausage. I was disappointed by the ribs though.
We would have shared plates had we realized the portions...the place was filling up though, (Sunday, around 1:00), they definitely have a following!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,353,941 times
Tejacienda at The Rim. Not a great first impression. Not a large crowd, so no wait for a seat. A quick review of the menu proved disappointing. Not much selection at all. Around 14 dinner choices over three categories. They had some unique choices like Texas Axis venison, but not much depth in their offerings. Where it all fell apart for me was after we received our food. The food was solidly average. Nothing of note, and definitely nothing worthy of the higher prices being charged. It went from 3-4 different people coming by to check on us before the main dishes arrived to crickets chirping. We waited a good 20-25 minutes after the plates were cleared for a check, and only got that after a manager noticed me looking around. There was no noticeable increase in tables to explain this delay. Not in any hurry to go back.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,469,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Tejacienda at The Rim. Not a great first impression. Not a large crowd, so no wait for a seat. A quick review of the menu proved disappointing. Not much selection at all. Around 14 dinner choices over three categories. They had some unique choices like Texas Axis venison, but not much depth in their offerings. Where it all fell apart for me was after we received our food. The food was solidly average. Nothing of note, and definitely nothing worthy of the higher prices being charged. It went from 3-4 different people coming by to check on us before the main dishes arrived to crickets chirping. We waited a good 20-25 minutes after the plates were cleared for a check, and only got that after a manager noticed me looking around. There was no noticeable increase in tables to explain this delay. Not in any hurry to go back.
We went by there over the weekend. While we were walking up to the front door, a group of people were coming out. They ALL told us not to waste our time and money in there. Food was bland and overpriced, and the wait staff clueless. That's all I needed to hear. Left and went to Longhorn Cafe in Leon Springs....great food as usual.
Guess they figure since it's at the Rim, people will flock to it in droves.
Just what we need around here...another lame, overpriced mexican restaurant.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM

4,287 posts, read 7,989,170 times
I had carne asada at Lupe Tortilla & it was one of the best things I ever put in my mouth. And I've put a lot of things in my mouth!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,353,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I had carne asada at Lupe Tortilla & it was one of the best things I ever put in my mouth. And I've put a lot of things in my mouth!

This has my vote for one of the most epic food reviews.

Ever. lol

Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM

181 posts, read 671,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
That really just made me laugh out loud! I haven't made it to Lupe Tortilla yet, but I may just have to based on your review!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:21 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,065,686 times
anyone ever eat at these food truck parks?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 AM

4,287 posts, read 7,989,170 times
Are you talking about Boardwalk on Bulverde, johnts71? I've eaten there...it was all right. It's worth it only if you're close by, in my opinion.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,253,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
anyone ever eat at these food truck parks?
Ive eaten a few times at boardwalk. specifically the rickshaw. its a great atmosphere and the people are really friendly. I'm kind of glad its not in south town, but it is a bit of a drive if u don't live in the area. if it were in the med center, where i stay, I'd be there a whole lot more.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,960,312 times
I've been to the Boardwalk several times. It's a different experience every time, since there's always a different mix of trucks present and open. That makes it a roll of the dice. You can't go there intending to eat a particular type of food, because it might not be there. My experiences have ranged from good to very good.

Oh, and it's best to BYOB... the beverage selection tends to be a bit of an afterthought and the free beer cups (on free beer nights) are on the small side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio