U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 PM

7,625 posts, read 13,985,586 times

Advertisements

Il Song Gardens for a fantastic Korean luncheon....so full we will be doing a VERY light dinner. Excellent food, service AND they are offering a 20% discount for government workers due to the furlough!!! Go and take advantage of it for sure!!!
Ilsong Garden - Korean Food and Sushi Bar - San Antonio, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:33 PM

915 posts, read 1,620,495 times
Salt & Time (Austin) - I loved this place. i had a pork belly and farm fresh fried egg sandwich that was super tasty. I also took some goat chops, mortadella, spreadable salami, and roast beef from their butcher shop area. They butcher whole animals and make all of their own charcuterie.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 PM

1,328 posts, read 1,784,895 times
Mencius - they have re-opened but don't have their evening act together. Not too many folks.

We came in at 8:30 and ordered dinner. They close at nine. We thought 8:30 wouldn't be too close to closing but it was. About 8:45 they started putting up all the chairs around us on the table. That's a hint. Then before 9:00 - the cashier came over and demanded we pay up, so they could close the register.

Finally, before 9:00 PM some cleaning truck pulled up and ran hoses into the joint. The hostess said we didn't have rush but they would start cleaning on the other side of the restaurant.

I understand if you come in at 8:55 but it is not classy for this kind of service.

I would avoid them if you don't come in an hour and a half before closing and want to have a leisurely meal. We were shovelling the food in as fast as we could.

Very disappointing - they used to be a favorite place.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:49 PM

31 posts, read 37,947 times
The last place i ate at in San Antonio was Hooters in the Rivercenter Mall. Great services and Awesome meal. Highly Recommend if your single and visiting.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:45 PM

5,612 posts, read 8,040,749 times
I went to Pete's Tako House on Brooklyn near St. Mary's today with a large group. It was late in the morning/early afternoon so crowded with late breakfast goers and lunch goers. We had a large group (10+ and smelly from a 10/20 mile run). It took a good 20 minutes for them to find some space for us in the back but were able to do so. The food took a bit but we attributed it to how busy they were. The UT game was on their TVs so that helped as well. The waiters were great and apologized for the long wait. I would recommend calling ahead if you have a large group, in the future. The food was great though and since most of us had been up since 5 for the run getting breakfast at 1 in the afternoon was nice. Their full menu is served all day.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:43 AM

168 posts, read 350,199 times
I stopped by DEL TACO Culebra Road for lunch on Wednesday. I waited nearly 15 minutes while 3 employees tried to resolve a cash register problem for another customer's order. I should of walked out while I had the chance, but I've heard positive feedback on this California chain along with the long awaited arrival of this first restaurant in San Antonio.
I ordered one flatbread chicken taco ($2.59), one Beer Battered Fish Taco ($1.99) and one small drink ($1.69). Once seated I saw a poster in the window that advertised that all large drinks were $1, but the DEL TACO employee failed to mention that to me when I placed my order.
The fish taco was small - 3 small bites. The flatbread chicken taco was soggy and falling apart as tho it had been prepared for a while - what a mess I had - and I never had a chance to add taco sauce or salsa from their "salsa bar".
Good tacos are really easy to find in San Antonio...don't bother looking here!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:20 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,427,357 times
Still can't figure out why a lot of you were hyped up about Del Taco opening here... most of us in CA looked down on this place (for a reason) as it was never any good.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,760,259 times
went to Del Taco and had the flatbread tacos...thought they were great. Love the hot sauce

Old 10-13-2013, 03:03 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,193,527 times
Panchito's on McCollough. Went with some coworkers and enjoyed it. The service was fast and checked back to top off drinks regularly. The food was no where near the best Mexican I have had, but pretty good none the less.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:38 PM

216 posts, read 302,943 times
Most of us drive IH 10 East a few times a year next time you do try to stop at Robert's Steakhouse in Flatonia, I guarantee you won't regret it, great place to eat but a little hard to find, right off the highway but not visible from the road because of the overpass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or