U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 PM

6,198 posts, read 8,668,086 times

Advertisements

Went to BurgerFi at La Cantera for lunch/dinner yesterday. It was good. The fries were extra greasy and the build your own burger was just enough. Then I went to Mimi's Cafe after a run a Leon Creek. It's different not having tex-mex for breakfast. The food was good, the wait was bit painful. We got there at about 10 and by the time we left at 11:30 it was very crowded. Not bad, I would go back to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 06:47 PM

467 posts, read 914,455 times
A friend took me to Brio Tuscan Grille @ La Canterra for my birthday (parking was way crazy),...started with a Bistecca insalata with creamy Parmesan dressing,... we split a Tuscan Grilled pork chop plate with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables...was way enough for 2,..(the chops were a good size very tender and moist grilled to perfection),...finished off with cheesecake,...yum!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:04 AM

411 posts, read 555,331 times
Cured at the Pearl, the most awesome re-purposed historical structure we've seen in quite some time, amazingly great food (hard to put a tag on the style-"new American" comes closest), very good service considering they've only opened last weekend, and I found Old Spice and Brut samplers in the mens room-came out smelling like I did in my twenties!!

Old 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,588,261 times
Rosarios before the Alamo Bowl. Great crowd and they have changed their menu. There are more gluten free/vegetarian options. Good stuff.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 AM

915 posts, read 1,663,430 times
India Oven. Ordered Tikka Masala "spicy 7" and lamb vindaloo "Indian hot 10" and both were VERY disappointingly mild. i drive 20 minutes each way to get their food to go and I was furious. indian food should never be as mild as what they served. I have had vodka sauce at Italian joints with more flare than the Tikka had. the infuriating thing is that I have been ordering from there for 7+ years and I know they can do it right. They can make vindaloo that numbs the face and causes a sweat. damn.

I would have sent them an e-mail, but they don't have one listed on their site.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,954,997 times
Oh! I forgot this interesting place. A group of us had planned to go to our old standby Thai Taste one day last week; they, however, were closed. So we noticed this little place down the strip center called Ceviche de Waldito, advertising Cuban, Puerto Rican, and Peruvian food. O.M.G, as the kids say. It was SO good. Totally unprepossessing place, and tiny, tiny, tiny...but oh, the heavenly food! It's a buffet, which I typically avoid like the plague, but this was set up so that the owner served the food on a plate and handed it to you, which made it less icky for me (for whatever reason).

Anyway. I don't know what any of the dishes are called, but that was the best pork I've ever eaten and I grew up in pig country in central Illinois! There were plaintains and yucca on the side, and some sort of delish chicken situation. And black beans with potatoes. SO good! And all for a grand total of $7.87, including tea and tax.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 AM

266 posts, read 496,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
India Oven. Ordered Tikka Masala "spicy 7" and lamb vindaloo "Indian hot 10" and both were VERY disappointingly mild. i drive 20 minutes each way to get their food to go and I was furious. indian food should never be as mild as what they served. I have had vodka sauce at Italian joints with more flare than the Tikka had. the infuriating thing is that I have been ordering from there for 7+ years and I know they can do it right. They can make vindaloo that numbs the face and causes a sweat. damn.

I would have sent them an e-mail, but they don't have one listed on their site.
Thanks for the great info on this.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM

915 posts, read 1,663,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getgoing2010 View Post
Thanks for the great info on this.
i wouldn't write them off if that is your takeaway. I would just ensure they are very clear on how spicy you like things. They have been doing it well for 7 years so this was an outlier.

Hit Cured the other night and I really like the space and our service. The beer/wine list was very solid, but not terrific (mostly due to wine). Cocktail list was very nice. Food was good, but I wasn't blown away by anything. Bold flavors and richness carried through most dishes. We had the fried oysters in tapioca, fried chicken livers in a Asian sweet chili sauce, boudin noir, carbrito sliders, and smoked gumbo. Gumbo and sliders were favorites. I would prefer the fried items crisper in the livers less raw. Overall, a good experience for a recently opened spot and I will go back.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 PM

265 posts, read 414,964 times
Took a late lunch today at Main Street Pasta/Pizza for the first time since they reopened after last year's fire. The remodeling was extensive, and although the footprint is the same, the addition of windows and the deletion of the solid wooden door that always slammed loudly make the dining are much more enjoyable. Plenty of renovations, including closing in the patio make for a larger capacity seating area.
The food was, as always awesome. I forgot how much I missed their ham and cheese on focaccia. I also enjoyed a 'slice or two' of their pepperoni and sausage pizza... excellent as always.
The salad was fresh and crisp, the Italian dressing did not disappoint. Closing lunch with some cheesecake and merlot drizzle capped our experience.
Since the summer's fire, this place had fallen off of my rotation of lunch venues, and it was missed. After today, it will muscle its way back in.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:38 PM

179 posts, read 196,939 times
acadiana`s ,shrimp gumbo ggood.......catish....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or