U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 09:54 AM

410 posts, read 551,663 times

Advertisements

Fleming's Steakhouse- overall great experience, but can think of many other places that I'd rather spend $$$$. Almost all steakhouse menus seem one-dimensional. Very interesting presentation on the wine menu, can really get you distracted if you don't have a good idea of what you're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Viva Pho in the old Lucky Burger location. The soup was delicious. Served with plenty of "fixins" as well. They've fixed it up and decorated really nicely in there. Our only complaint was their "sound system" is a radio and the static got really bad at one point and no one did anything about it.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:05 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,414,643 times
Marioli (Stone Oak) Tacos al Pastor (to go). Awesome choice for late night snacking.

Pasha for lunch. I wish I could behave better when they set the (naan?) bread down in front of me, but I can't. Gyro plate with hummus and salad.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:49 PM

3,741 posts, read 3,841,749 times
The filling station... Good not great on the pizza.

Max's Wine Dive for Brunch which was great as usual.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:54 AM

915 posts, read 1,657,989 times
Barbaro- excellent food and drink as always. Color me impressed they were 100% full on a Wednesday evening. The power of a neighborhood restaurant that gets food, drink, price, and comfort right. Only negative is the noise level due to the open ceilings.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:15 AM

1,877 posts, read 2,304,292 times
Son and I took a roadtrip to Austin on Sunday and drove thru Blanco on the way home. We were both hungry and spotted the Oak Creek Cafe in the town square. There were several vehicles there, so we gave it a try.
Best hamburger I have had in a long time....fresh veggies, bacon and cheese on a 6 inch toasted bun were simply delicious. Son had the bbq plate which he inhaled and said everything was perfect. I tasted the sausage and brisket, and it was very tasty.
Complmentary pinto beans were very good as well.
Going to try their all you can eat catfish next time...it looked fantastic on another diners table. Prices are very reasonable....we walked out very full and talked about how good it was on the way home.
Great place to go if you are in Blanco.
Oak Creek Cafe, 419 3rd street...right next to the courthouse in the town square.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,405,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Son and I took a roadtrip to Austin on Sunday and drove thru Blanco on the way home. We were both hungry and spotted the Oak Creek Cafe in the town square. There were several vehicles there, so we gave it a try.
Best hamburger I have had in a long time....fresh veggies, bacon and cheese on a 6 inch toasted bun were simply delicious. Son had the bbq plate which he inhaled and said everything was perfect. I tasted the sausage and brisket, and it was very tasty.
Complmentary pinto beans were very good as well.
Going to try their all you can eat catfish next time...it looked fantastic on another diners table. Prices are very reasonable....we walked out very full and talked about how good it was on the way home.
Great place to go if you are in Blanco.
Oak Creek Cafe, 419 3rd street...right next to the courthouse in the town square.
Thank you for this review. I want to try it out now.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM

944 posts, read 1,578,622 times
Bracken Store Cafe for one of their famous burgers. They haven't disappointed me yet. Very good.

Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM

336 posts, read 413,850 times
El Mirador-

mediocre food, terrible service and it's going to be a long time before I'm back. How anyone can 'run out' of barbacoa by 11am on a Saturday is beyond me. They're really slacking these days and as much as I hate to rip on something in Southtown, this place just isn't keeping up that well anymore.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:00 PM

3,367 posts, read 3,931,923 times
My CD dining partner and I went to Furrs on 151/410 on Saturday, the first time for either of us. We both thought the food was very good, I liked it better than Golden Corral cafeteria.

I went to Matamoros Mexican Restaurant and Cantina on I-10 and DeZavala last Thursday evening for a get-together. I did not enjoy my food, either that night or the next when I ate the left-overs. The rice and beans were bland, no flavor. I asked for "soft" tacos rather than the crispy corn shells, I was given ground beef only in thick tortillas. A little diced tomato and chopped lettuce rounded out the tacos. No cheese, no sauce, no taco seasoning that I picked up on. Very bland, I was very disappointed.

BUT, in their defense, they are not the only Mexican food restaurant that I have not been impressed with. I will not return, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or