U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 PM

915 posts, read 1,657,860 times

Advertisements

Los Barrios- enchiladas poblanos w/ substituted chicken fajita meat were excellent.

Alamo Springs General Store- service was friendly and the cheeseburgers were very good, but top 3 in the state is a stretch of a call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,413,016 times
Oaks Crossing @ HEB: Veggie Burger with fries. A bit slow, but came out hot and fresh. Side of fries very generous. Dh's burger similar, hot and fresh. Prices a bit higher than expected; however, they are a non-tipping establishment, and employees are paid fair wages.

Doa Tota Gorditas: second time here in a week. Dh, ds, and I devoured a family pack (15 asst plus drinks). Yummy. We had bean, picadillo, rajas, and chorizo gorditas.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:55 PM

944 posts, read 1,578,445 times
Those gorditas are so good. Their location, I think, is what is keeping that place from blowing up.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,174,619 times
Pappasito's. Yummy. I miss their quirky, theatrical illustrations in their print media. Fajitas are still good, dang that beef!

Old 06-29-2014, 01:30 PM

363 posts, read 653,086 times
Feast for Sunday Brunch. It was awesome. Get the pig in a blanket app for sure!

Old 06-29-2014, 01:40 PM

336 posts, read 413,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SsnTktHldr View Post
Feast for Sunday Brunch. It was awesome. Get the pig in a blanket app for sure!
Feast is too much work for too little payoff. The owner is an @ss and the atmosphere just too loud.

Went to opening night of Starfish/Southtown on Friday: Some oddities to work out, but the food was solid and if it can find an audience, this will be a premier seafood spot in San Antonio. Great kitchen.

http://starfishsa.com/

Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 AM

363 posts, read 653,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Feast is too much work for too little payoff. The owner is an @ss and the atmosphere just too loud.

Went to opening night of Starfish/Southtown on Friday: Some oddities to work out, but the food was solid and if it can find an audience, this will be a premier seafood spot in San Antonio. Great kitchen.

Star Fish Global Seafood San Antonio, TX
Didn't meet the owner, food and atmosphere were great. We go regularly for brunch and they've always delivered. And it's always packed. Seems like you have a grudge and would prefer to promote somewhere else in southtown. Looks like you're the '@ss'.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 2,434,246 times
Quote:
Didn't meet the owner, food and atmosphere were great. We go regularly for brunch and they've always delivered. And it's always packed. Seems like you have a grudge and would prefer to promote somewhere else in southtown. Looks like you're the '@ss'.
I agree with Staunch. I live right down the street from Feast and will not spend money there anymore. I've met the owner and he is very arrogant. I see him speed walking up and down the river all the time in odd workout attire. I've seen the front staff turn away tourists in shorts and sneakers saying they are closing soon and then a few minutes later seat a group of women in high heels and skirts who wondered in (they didn't have a reservation). I like how he puts orange construction cones in the street to save a parking spot for his Benz. But, whatever a lot people seem to love the place. Too many good dining options in Southtown for me to put up with a dbag owner.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 PM

336 posts, read 413,816 times
Quote:
Actually, most of what you say is not true. Added, you're not even a local to the hood, so I take most of what you say with a very small grain of salt...

Friends of mine work at HotJoy next door and say Feast is mostly empty these days due to their inability to control their owner's mouth. He's a bitter, rude man who most other Southtown businesses don't like or want to deal with. Feast, while at one time was the talk of Southtown, is now old news with an even older (ie, boring) menu.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:08 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,840,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
Actually, most of what you say is not true. Added, you're not even a local to the hood, so I take most of what you say with a very small grain of salt...

Friends of mine work at HotJoy next door and say Feast is mostly empty these days due to their inability to control their owner's mouth. He's a bitter, rude man who most other Southtown businesses don't like or want to deal with. Feast, while at one time was the talk of Southtown, is now old news with an even older (ie, boring) menu.
IDK about that.

The last three times we have pasted it was full inside and the outside was about 50% full. It was Friday at 7, Saturday at 8 , and Wednesday at 7:30. We occasional stop in for drinks here but not for dinner in quite a while.

I wouldn't mind trying brunch here...

I have never had personal interaction with the owner but friends of mine have and it has been with a mixed reaction.

Now Hotjoy on the other hand has amazing drinks and service and I cannot get enough of the twice fried chicken wings...Yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or