U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 08:19 PM

944 posts, read 1,578,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
Sunday: Stone Werks at the Rim. Horrible service and the burger my wife had upset her stomach. One of our other friends won't eat at that location because she has had bad service in the past.
Ate there once, ONCE and will never go back. Horrible service and horrible food. I don't understand how this place is still in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 07:19 AM

6,138 posts, read 8,594,492 times
China Garden on Friday afternoon. We had it delivered to the office. The delivery was done in time, but paying was a bit of a hassle as we had to split the order over the phone and then they didn't bring us receipts to sign so I'm not 100% sure exacty how or why that happened. This was the Marbach/410 location. Everyone seemed pretty satisfied outside of one who did not get her eggroll (but soup and soda came). Lemon chicken looked yummy as did the pad thai. I had the coconut curry chicken and it was so/so. I think I would try something else next time.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:07 PM

49 posts, read 72,153 times
Default Vallarta's

I really agree about their salsa!!!! It will burn anything it comes in contact with, but it was good food and very reasonably priced.

Old 12-09-2014, 02:17 AM

4,080 posts, read 6,083,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyb1115 View Post
I really agree about their salsa!!!! It will burn anything it comes in contact with, but it was good food and very reasonably priced.
But the salsa ruined the experience.....

Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Service with a smile. I challenge any other eatery in SA to exhibit this kind of connection with their customer base. Well done.
Leave an honest review on yelp. They'll contact you the moment you hit send. This is not that big a deal.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 PM

425 posts, read 358,802 times
Default Soluna for lunch

Enjoyed a good fajita enchilada lunch at Soluna yesterday.
Service below average, entrees priced right for the ambiance and quality.

Will go back if I'm in the area again, but if I'm in the mood for a long drive for Mex I will go to a couple of my favorite places further south.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:04 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,753,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve807 View Post
Enjoyed a good fajita enchilada lunch at Soluna yesterday.
Service below average, entrees priced right for the ambiance and quality.

Will go back if I'm in the area again, but if I'm in the mood for a long drive for Mex I will go to a couple of my favorite places further south.
Where further south?

Old 12-15-2014, 10:13 AM

915 posts, read 1,657,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Where further south?
Yes, do tell. While I always suspect Soluna must have an assembly line kitchen that frequently uses "Chef Mike" (do to # of items on the menu and use of common easily mic'd components), I have never had less than a very good meal there. Service has never been excellent, but never below reasonable expectations either.

If you have other places better than Soluna, please tell.

--------------------------

DW & I hit Floc for brunch in Olmos Park and it was good. My poached eggs were a little passed runny, but I didn't specify how I liked them so that is on me. Otherwise the dish was executed well. Wife's crab scramble was okay, but I can't say I was in the right frame of mind to judge it having just gotten off a long flight. Cocktails were outstanding and I will certainly make it back to their sister bar next door. The wine list was not my thing, but it was well thought out for what they are trying to accomplish and a much better effort than most put out in SA. I look forward to trying their signature roast chicken for dinner soon.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:36 PM

Folc was the restaurant. My bad.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:24 PM

Arirang Korean- BYOB was a HUGE plus and we were able to enjoy some fantastic Gruner and Riesling with deserving food. The restaurant is essentially an old shack with dated decor and staff that speak varying degrees of English. It may detract for some, but I found it to be part of the charm.

Food- Fried dumplings and a seafood pancake to start were both good, but nothing special. The pancake would be a knockout with more seafood. For mains we ordered LA Ribs, pork bone stew, and army base stew. Each of the 3 were excellent and I would gladly order them again. Heck, I will order them again. The best Korean food of the 5 places I have tried in SA. I will also note that the staff was friendly and made us feel at home.

BYOB A+, Appetizers C+, Main Courses A-, Service B+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or