U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 09:21 AM

1,792 posts, read 2,443,070 times

Advertisements

Range for restaurant week. Great east coast oysters, yellowtail crudo and mushroom bisque. Sirloin had great seared crust and cooked to perfect medium rare and the brussel sprouts with orange gastrique are some of the best brussel sprouts in the city. The quail was a little overcooked, dry, and bland. Bourbon banana pudding was excellent and had some very tasty carmelized bananas on top. Martinis and wine list were great, but the beer selection leaves more to be desired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 12:55 PM

849 posts, read 468,636 times
Koreana. Teeny little hole-in-the-wall Korean restaurant on Harry Wurzbach. Love everything I've ever eaten there. Classic Korean dishes, prepared quickly and in proportions that guarantee you'll walk out stuffed (or with several carry-out containers). Very reasonably priced.

This visit, I had the kimchi fried rice with pork. Spousal Unit had the galbi. As usual, eight bowls of assorted cold vegetables came with the order, including kimchi, crystal noodles, mildly spiced bean paste, zucchini in pepper paste, shredded radish in rice wine vinegar with a dash of sugar (I consider this one dessert), and several others I can't identify but happily eat. Everything was delicious.

Each time I go to San Antonio, I'll drive out of my way just to eat at Koreana.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:49 PM

14,626 posts, read 31,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
Lenny's Subs at Bitters and 1604...

I read the reviews on Yelp and it was hit or miss, and I thought about how there are a few locations and afterall, what do native San Antonians really know about Cheesesteaks, so I decided to give them a try.

This place is my now 'GoTo' place for authentic Philly Cheesesteaks in San Antonio, or at least when I am too far away from Yous Guys. Especially when I'm running out for lunch during work. Order it true Philly style. No mayo, no peppers, just meat, onions and cheese. The right cut of meat, the right amount of onions and cheese. Even the bread was made in house. It's not quite Amaroso's, but almost.

Bring in some TastyKake if you can find it to seal the deal.
We like Yous Guys, and Malik's food truck ( it's usually on San Pedro towards the SAC area at a place called The Rose Garden and sometimes they have a truck parked at O'Connor and Wurzbach Parkway ) and we also like the steaks at Wise Guys on Thousand Oaks....all hands down better than Lenny's. We felt like Lenny's was just steak-umms and not really seasoned very well.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:49 PM

3,399 posts, read 3,962,033 times
Texas de Brazil downtown for Culinaria. Prior to the Englebert Humperdinck concert at the Tobin. Dinner $35.00 instead of the normal $44.00.

Excellent! Delicious! Will visit again the next time they are part of Culinaria, hopefully in the fall.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:41 AM

723 posts, read 507,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
...and we also like the steaks at Wise Guys on Thousand Oaks....all hands down better than Lenny's. We felt like Lenny's was just steak-umms and not really seasoned very well.
Uh, no...make sure you try the Lenny's at 1604 and Bitters...

Old 01-22-2018, 12:07 PM

5,631 posts, read 6,439,908 times
Lenny's hot dip sandwich or whatever it is called...is really good. Unfortunately I can't stand their service so I don't bother going to the one near my house anymore.

The Lenny's by Alon market is pretty good and under different franchise than the one by my house.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,762,068 times
LaFonda on Main

Sunday Brunch Crab cake Benedict= Amazing

Old 01-29-2018, 06:47 AM

723 posts, read 507,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
...I can't stand their service so I don't bother going to the one near my house anymore....
This I don't understand. What kind of service do you expect from a sub shop where you walk up, place your order and when ready they bring it to your table? What more is there to it?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 AM

5,631 posts, read 6,439,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
This I don't understand. What kind of service do you expect from a sub shop where you walk up, place your order and when ready they bring it to your table? What more is there to it?
Well gosh, you make it sound so simple. What more is there to it?

My complaint was location specific (the one near my house on Callaghan) and not towards all Lenny's locations.

It is just poorly managed. I don't really care to get into the specifics either.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:12 AM

14,626 posts, read 31,210,098 times
The Pod on Redland Road. Started with fried pickles but they weren't pickle chips, they were spears that had a terrible taste and the batter has an odd taste. Not good. We both ordered the original burger and neither of us enjoyed them. The best part of the meal was the fries, and they were probably the best fries I've had in a long time.

There's a huge playground for kids and the place itself is kinda cool but they need to work on the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or