U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 08:39 PM

2,260 posts, read 4,943,277 times

Advertisements

Sapphire, yes, I believe with tip it was right at $10.00. Our waitress today was wonderful - super sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 11:57 PM

37,775 posts, read 55,496,757 times
today's lunch: (willsatx: finally had time to check on it ) was in Golden Bowl on Austin Hwy. This no-nonsense Chinese eatery with a basic lunch menu is open Mon-Sat 11-3 and 5-8. I went in just before mid-day closing time to ask for the dinner menu with an intend to be back for dinner but the charming hostess persuaded me to stay and have lunch. Asked for recommendation she suggested Mongolian Beef, medium spicy. The food arrived promptly, first the egg drop soup and then the main dish. Mongolian Beef was served with steamed rice and spring roll. The meat was tender and the veggies perfect on the crispy side. The sauce well done with the right combination of hot chili oil, crushed red chili flakes and minced garlic - fragrant and balanced. I didn't regret that I stay.
Attachment 50123
For dinner I stopped at Kosta's Greek Food on Nacogdoches Rd and had Greek Sandwich with Greek Salad and humus to go.
The salad was fresh and crispy, with simple vinegar/oil dressing, humus was ok - just a bit to much oil in it, the sandwich was rich on gyros meat, garnished with tomatoes, onions and zaziki. All tasted good but not spectacular.
Attachment 50124
While waiting for my order I glanced on dinner menu and decided to come back again and try the lamb chops with green beans. Will post you on that later

Last edited by elnina; 01-22-2010 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 03:47 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
checked out the New Logan's Roadhouse @ AR and half of it was good. I got the deluxe burger and added bleu cheese to it. That was actually the best burger I've ever had. I don't know what they do different with their meat, but it was seriously good. Only complaint was they will not go below medium due to health concerns. I really wish places like that would offer the option of signing an agreement that says you are aware of the potential issues and don't really care about them. Red meat has blood and some of us like that blood...
My wife got the nachos and they were the worst thing I've tasted in a long time. I don't know why anyone would think of covering nacho chips with seasoning salt, but it does not work at all. The dogs liked them, though.. We also got the three little dessert things for the cans you get to keep and the Nutter Butter Fudgeslide one was the best by far. The strawberry cheesecake was pretty good, but totally frozen and the brownie one was also frozen and a little too much chocolate for my taste and I love chocolate.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:46 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
845 posts, read 1,381,475 times
Talking Azuca!

Last night we ate dinner at Azuca Cocina Latina Restaurant. The restaurant is amazing. The atmosphere was very nice, food was really supurb, and the service was awesome. Started with appetizer of Tostones; dinner of Pork Tender Carioca; and to drink raspberry mojito's. We will definitely go back. Located downtown off of Alamo Street in Southtown SA by the King William neighborhood district.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 AM

2,260 posts, read 4,943,277 times
LOVE Azuca - one of my favorite spots. My sister and I used to go there about twice a month when she lived here.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:05 PM

136 posts, read 511,050 times
Ate at Big Kahuna Vietnamese Cuisine and Coffee Bar on W. Asbhy by SAC, Had the Pho with Beef and Beef Meatballs, didn't care much for the texture of the meatballs, but everything else was good.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,312,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
checked out the New Logan's Roadhouse @ AR and half of it was good. I got the deluxe burger and added bleu cheese to it. That was actually the best burger I've ever had. I don't know what they do different with their meat, but it was seriously good. Only complaint was they will not go below medium due to health concerns. I really wish places like that would offer the option of signing an agreement that says you are aware of the potential issues and don't really care about them. Red meat has blood and some of us like that blood...
My wife got the nachos and they were the worst thing I've tasted in a long time. I don't know why anyone would think of covering nacho chips with seasoning salt, but it does not work at all. The dogs liked them, though.. We also got the three little dessert things for the cans you get to keep and the Nutter Butter Fudgeslide one was the best by far. The strawberry cheesecake was pretty good, but totally frozen and the brownie one was also frozen and a little too much chocolate for my taste and I love chocolate.
I rec'd a bad report about the new Logans from my parents. They are usually spot on when it comes to food. I will still check it out for myself but I was a little disappointed hearing it was bad.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,332,946 times
Guenther House for brekkie.

It was just okay. The dining room was under-air conditioned, which made for a very uncomfortable meal. I had the soup/sandwich combo, which sounded nice in theory, but the corn chowder was entirely too thickened with, naturally, Pioneer flour and the chicken salad sandwich was ruined by the taste of very pungent (or too old, perhaps) kalamata olives.

Service was quick. No wait for a lunchtime table.

BN

Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,017,851 times
Maybe a little off topic, but there's more foodies in here.....Are there any German restaurants left in San Antonio? I know about the one in New Braunfels. In the late seventies/early eighties, there used to be a small german restaurant in a little strip center off of Rittiman Rd inside IH 35 called Karla's. I think it was run by a husband and wife. Wonder what ever happened. Great german food, I thought.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I rec'd a bad report about the new Logans from my parents. They are usually spot on when it comes to food. I will still check it out for myself but I was a little disappointed hearing it was bad.
I would recommend mentioning something about seasoning salt. They put WAY too much on the chips if you ask me, but I also really don't like salt at all. My wife loves salt, though, and she also thought it was too much. The burger was freaking fantastic and worth the price alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or