U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 05:48 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,194,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Whatever you say

Is that a picture of ur lunch today?
Stock photo. When I saw the commercial for the first time I thought it was a joke, SNL or something...

The slaw photo'd looks good, cabbage and carrots? And half an onion? Mmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 05:52 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Stock photo. When I saw the commercial for the first time I thought it was a joke, SNL or something...

The slaw photo'd looks good, cabbage and carrots? And half an onion? Mmmm.
We couldn't figure out the onion either. We figured it was the leftover part of the onion from all the onion rings we saw in the place.
My daughter asked me "did you get a half onion too?".

I didn't eat it (YUCK), you would have to really, really love onions to eat that hunk.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,814 posts, read 33,128,139 times
Critiques of other folks' restaurant choices are pushing this topic in directions that cause problems. If everyone liked the same food, then every restaurant would be the same and there would be nothing to talk about. Accept that people like different things and resist the temptation to be critical of that, lest you cross the line into personal attack territory.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Thank you Bowie. You are absolutely right.
You can't please 'em all. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:50 AM

188 posts, read 489,212 times
We went to Godai for sushi on Saturday. I read several threads here about the best sushi in San Antonio and decided to give Godai a try. Despite being packed, we were able to get a seat at the sushi bar immediately. The service was very friendly, and the menu was quite extensive. We had a few bottles of Asahi Super Dry while perusing the menu and then ordered about five rolls and a few individual pieces of sushi. Had we known how large the rolls were, we would have opted for less. It was an insane amount of food, all of which we managed to take down. We'll definitely go back again.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,434,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsawomanthing View Post
Genghis Grill the new one at Westlakes area. So-so, overcrowded area in resturant, service slow.
I love Genghis, I go to the one at 1604/281. I always go around the middle of afternoon on weekdays when it is dead, so service is never a problem. I saw they are opening up another one at The Forum also, for all you folks in that area.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Thank you Bowie. You are absolutely right.
You can't please 'em all. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same.

O c'mon guys. Nobody have ever heard of "beige food" or "white food" or "beige meal"?

It's a camp thing. Or a school lunch thing...

The end of the summer is filled with a day or two of beige meals. The camp is not purchasing fresh food due to timing - so the kiddos get boxed mashed potatoes (water and flakes), chicken fingers, cheese sticks - everything at the back of the walk in freezer.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 PM

http://www.olivegarden.com/specials/...unascoupon_MSN

Just because...

Old 11-17-2009, 08:32 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,177,429 times
Thanks, cr1039! Great coupon!

Okay gang, hubby was near the med center last night and he went to Mencius and put in a to-go order. Brought it home, spread it out...I kept thinking, is this going to be another disappointment? As soon as I saw the shrimp toast, I knew I was going to really LOVE this place. It was outstanding. Their dumplings were handmade and pan-fried, the General Tso's chicken was spicy and delicious, the fried rice was fresh and absolutely yummy. The shrimp toast was SO good and reminded me of my favorite Hunan restaurant in my hometown just north of Houston (which just happens to be called Mencius as well!).

VERY pleased and oh so excited about this!!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:55 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,142,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Thanks, cr1039! Great coupon!

Okay gang, hubby was near the med center last night and he went to Mencius and put in a to-go order. Brought it home, spread it out...I kept thinking, is this going to be another disappointment? As soon as I saw the shrimp toast, I knew I was going to really LOVE this place. It was outstanding. Their dumplings were handmade and pan-fried, the General Tso's chicken was spicy and delicious, the fried rice was fresh and absolutely yummy. The shrimp toast was SO good and reminded me of my favorite Hunan restaurant in my hometown just north of Houston (which just happens to be called Mencius as well!).

VERY pleased and oh so excited about this!!
Whew! I'm so happy a Houston transplant found a good Chinese place!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or