U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM

37,690 posts, read 55,360,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayover20 View Post
Oh DANG!!! Please say it isn't so!

My experience at Perrin Beitel was the first AND LAST time I'll set foot in there. The other Jims have been great.
Next (?) time I will try to take a picture! I wonder if that would make them think that something is wrong there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,307,663 times
Went to Babe's in Helotes today.
The burgers were good and I would definitely go back. The fries are homemade.

The patties are not made on site, but overall they were good.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:08 AM

188 posts, read 489,111 times
We went to Brasserie Pavil on Saturday night for a celebratory dinner. The food was fine but the service was abysmal. We kept having to get up and help ourselves to water at the service station, as the waiter rarely came to check on us. When I finally called him out on his inattentiveness, he was really sarcastic to me. The manager came over and offered us a free round of wine. Of course after they brought the mini carafes for each of us, my mother had to traipse around the restaurant looking for someone to bring her a wine glass. The bill for four of us was $187 excluding tip. We'll never go back to that restaurant again, as I think that for the price we deserve decent service. My friend and I met at Tomatillo's on Broadway Sunday night for dinner, and the service there was a million times better than at Brasserie Pavil.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:11 AM

1,791 posts, read 2,434,246 times
I've always had great service at Brasserie Pavil.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,193,540 times
Haven't been to a Jim's the time I have lived in SA, 4 1/2 yrs.

Went to one for breakfast about 5 yrs ago while visiting though - not much different than a Denny's I suppose.

Are there Denny's in SA or does Jim's have those bases covered?

Edit - I seem to remember a funky looking one on Broadway - with lot's of glass, mirrored outside and shiny green accents...

Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,866,750 times
Thai Bistro on DeZavala near the post office. Just had the lunch specials and they were pretty tasty. Service was friendly. Don't get soup with lunch or a spring roll but the portions were big enough.

I'll go back.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,552,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Haven't been to a Jim's the time I have lived in SA, 4 1/2 yrs.

Went to one for breakfast about 5 yrs ago while visiting though - not much different than a Denny's I suppose.

Are there Denny's in SA or does Jim's have those bases covered?

Edit - I seem to remember a funky looking one on Broadway - with lot's of glass, mirrored outside and shiny green accents...

Lots of DENNYS in SA, check the YPs for locations.

The Broadway one is a DENNY's "DINER", I seem to reall they have a slightly different menu (fewer dinner entrees), but I'm not positive.

I think DENNY's breakfasts are slightly better than JIMS, but I love JIMS cheese soup, and the fish (not fresh) is pretty good.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,753,435 times
Denny's Dine on Broadway has closed.

Denny's has a downtown location by the new LaQuinta.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 AM

915 posts, read 1,657,860 times
Chama Gaucha- Meat Quality C-/D+, Salad Bar B+, cheese rolls & other accompaniments at table A-, dessert B-, service B+, wine list B-, setting for large groups A (noise was not a factor and the space was inviting). Cost approximates $55 pp w/ food, drink, and tax.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:47 AM

279 posts, read 560,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
Chama Gaucha- Meat Quality C-/D+, Salad Bar B+, cheese rolls & other accompaniments at table A-, dessert B-, service B+, wine list B-, setting for large groups A (noise was not a factor and the space was inviting). Cost approximates $55 pp w/ food, drink, and tax.
We recently went to Chama Gaucha and would give most catagories an A/A+, sorry your experience wasn't at that level, especially suprised you rated the meat so low, any particular reason?

-Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or