Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Yes...went with a friend that knows about the "secret menu" so had the double/double animal style. Fries were just the regular ones (I guess he doesn't know that part of the secret menu as he didn't mention anything about special fries).

Interesting that they base their success on something that the regular joe wouldn't know about (the secret menu). They would have to "educate" us San Antonians on the "secret In-N-Out" if they want us to love them.
Glad to hear you gave the animal style a try. Fries can be ordered a number of ways too (animal, extra crispy, etc.). Overall, I think they are a good fast food burger on par with Whataburger. I indulge in a fast food burger about once a year and those 2 spots would be on the short list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 AM

905 posts, read 1,631,264 times
Paesanos off Broadway.
Now, I hadn't been there in a while,( for good reasons,) and if it wern't for the $100.00 gift card I had I wouldn't have gone.
Food is way over priced, nothing special at all, they hord you in and out like cattle. Actually, the place was fairly empty for a Sat. Night with plenty of available tables and no wait.

This is not a "WOW! I really enjoyed my meal" type of restaurant anymore.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:21 PM

545 posts, read 1,061,692 times
Pho Ha Long on Ingram & 410. Prices are up, portions are down, but it's still cheap and a lot of good stuff. My companion does not care for the wait staff, which appears to be the owner's two teenage sons. Shut up and shovel down more noodles, I say!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM

915 posts, read 1,904,121 times
The Monty- brussels w/ sweet & spicy chili sauce, mushroom noodle soup, and the japanese style pancake. Great but for the pancake. it was over-sauced and masked the flavor of everything cooked into the pancake.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Sea Island this evening. Very good as usual..

Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
Paesanos off Broadway.
Now, I hadn't been there in a while,( for good reasons,) and if it wern't for the $100.00 gift card I had I wouldn't have gone.
Food is way over priced, nothing special at all, they hord you in and out like cattle. Actually, the place was fairly empty for a Sat. Night with plenty of available tables and no wait.

This is not a "WOW! I really enjoyed my meal" type of restaurant anymore.
Where off of Broadway is it??

Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM

123 posts, read 258,053 times
Nemos. The seafood was disappointing, but our server was really sweet. The mango cake was amazing.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 AM

4,326 posts, read 7,234,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Where off of Broadway is it??
Corner of E. Basse & Treeline Park.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:55 AM
JNA

243 posts, read 735,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
Visiting LA today, so finally got to try In-N-Out. Wanted to see what all the hype was about. Have mixed feelings. In one hand I thought it was a pretty good, tasty burger and fries. On the other hand, didn't find it much better than say 5 guys or other local joints. Welcome to come to San Antonio, but I will certiainly continue enjoying all the other options already here.
If you thought In N Out was on par with Five Guys, that's a pretty good testament to In N Out's taste and value as In N Out prices are fast food prices whereas Five Guys is approaching restaurant prices.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 AM

487 posts, read 991,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNA View Post
If you thought In N Out was on par with Five Guys, that's a pretty good testament to In N Out's taste and value as In N Out prices are fast food prices whereas Five Guys is approaching restaurant prices.
Really? I didn't get the difference. For me Five Guys prices fare about equal. Perhaps one difference is that 5G fries are ginourmous and intended to be shared more than small individual servings. 5G "regular" burgers are double, so a little more expensive, but you can order a mini/single for less.

In any case, I was really expecting hamburguer heaven when I went to in-n-out given all the hype. I guess SoCallers are easily impressed regarding food....oops..did I say that outloud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio