Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 05:16 AM

948 posts, read 1,841,507 times

Advertisements

That's funny cuz I went to Good Time Charlie's last night and was about to post about it before reading what yall were talking about. I gotta say that I think it's really slipping. We had onion rings and steak fingers and it was all bland. The waitress was nice enough but the service was slow. Don't know if I'll be going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 01:03 PM

915 posts, read 1,903,435 times
I was feeling mischievous and thought I would go for my once every 3-5 year guilty pleasure that is Popeye's. Wow, things have changed. The spicy had no kick whatsoever and the crust wasn't particularly crunchy. It was oily though and the pieces were anemic. To add insult to injury, I ordered red beans and rice and discovered mashed potatoes when I made it home. Boo! The green beans were also greasy and forgettable. Popeye's is off my list of guilty pleasures. I won't go back. The Monty will be my chicken fix in the future. I would give Popeye's a 2/10 and the Monty 9/10.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:10 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Rudy's BBQ (Original Location). After a day of home improvements to get ready for spring/summer, I couldn't be bothered to fire up the grill. Short road trip for take out later and hey presto, enjoying brisket, sausage, and baby backs with cold Shiners on the patio.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,800,944 times
Man I just mulched, mowed, planted, pulled weeds, and trimmed back some bushes. With that being said I plan on relaxing on the back porch with some Miller Lites and tacos. Had Los Cruces yesterday out by Fair Oaks. It was okay. It is in the old Tink A Taco which suprisingly closed down.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM

487 posts, read 991,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM-Texas View Post
Pasha's on 1604. Good lunch. Tried to go to Costa Pacifica but they had a big 51% sign - so adios.

Wonder if they really make 51% on booze or just stupid management?
Can you please clarify the 51% sign comment? I didn't quite get it. Was it a 2x1 happy hour type thing?

Old 03-12-2012, 03:37 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Were gonna stop at Augie's BBQ after a day at the zoo. Traffic was so bad we went to Tycoon Flats instead. Hamburgers were good, Reuben's so-so, fried mushrooms meh. Inside is ok..outside is a Cove copy. But, more like the Cove a few years ago. Pricey..

Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM

330 posts, read 587,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Were gonna stop at Augie's BBQ after a day at the zoo. Traffic was so bad we went to Tycoon Flats instead. Hamburgers were good, Reuben's so-so, fried mushrooms meh. Inside is ok..outside is a Cove copy. But, more like the Cove a few years ago. Pricey..
Hey, get outta my head, SATX56! We were going to have Augie's today, too, but missed the 3pm closing time. My decidedly darling dude is going to pick up some Two Brothers as a tasty consolation prize. I've got a loaf of almost-totally-normal GF bread baking right now in anticipation.

Had lunch at The Esquire again the other day- just me and my two youngest on a break from our downtown adventures. I am actively in love with that place. Such great food and atmosphere.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,328,448 times
51% signs ban the carrying of legal concealed firearms, assuming the establishment makes that much of its income off alcohol.

It is sometimes the case that antigun establishments put that up by mistake instead of a 30.06 sign.

In any case, they lost the possibiity of my business (as if they care).

They are not that special that I will make the effort to challenge them.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:04 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
I was feeling mischievous and thought I would go for my once every 3-5 year guilty pleasure that is Popeye's. Wow, things have changed. The spicy had no kick whatsoever and the crust wasn't particularly crunchy. It was oily though and the pieces were anemic. To add insult to injury, I ordered red beans and rice and discovered mashed potatoes when I made it home. Boo! The green beans were also greasy and forgettable. Popeye's is off my list of guilty pleasures. I won't go back. The Monty will be my chicken fix in the future. I would give Popeye's a 2/10 and the Monty 9/10.
Funny you say that went there last tuesday for the 99 cent special, man their pieces are very small. Spicy is more like mild.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I've only had Tycoon Flats once and it was yuck....the playground for the kids was WACK too..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio