U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,782,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
does anyone know the name of the developer they are working with??
KB!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM

399 posts, read 1,027,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAggiemom View Post
713-210: Always a good idea to do a little fact checking. Go to Stoneoakpoa.com and click on committees. You will find that NONE of the SO commercial board members are developers. They represent a daycare, church, hospital, bank, and insurance company if I recall.
No need to be testy. I will stand corrected, I am referring specifically to the architectural review board. What I do know is that in the fight to keep the Hidden Canyon from flipping to Multi-Family from Single Family, it came out that 5 of the 9 board members are developers. I'm sure that group will have a say in this development as well, and that is what we should all be afraid of.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,182,800 times
The developer that drew up the plans that DO include Sonterra connecting to 281 are dated December 2008. Engineer that drew up the plans is Pape-Dawson engineers. Given the fact that most of the land is commercial or multifamily I doubt KB is involved. All of the tracts of land that connect to any of the surrounding KB communities aren't even residential. There are large tracts of land left as homestead most likely for the Stuebing family.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 AM

487 posts, read 977,929 times
Sorry, did not intend to appear testy . . . just informative. Also, if you check the website you will find that the ARC is made up of 6 volunteer home owners, not developers.

Just because folks see a project differently does NOT indicate that they are developers, politicians, paid off or anything else. (NOT that you implied that) They just see the project differently. Maybe the 100 acre park was appealing??? Who knows.
Sorry, don't intend to hijack the thread. This subject has already been covered.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM

226 posts, read 819,900 times
Quote:
Sorry, did not intend to appear testy . . . just informative. Also, if you check the website you will find that the ARC is made up of 6 volunteer home owners, not developers.

Just because folks see a project differently does NOT indicate that they are developers, politicians, paid off or anything else. (NOT that you implied that) They just see the project differently. Maybe the 100 acre park was appealing??? Who knows.
Sorry, don't intend to hijack the thread. This subject has already been covered.
Being a volunteer on the ARC doesn't get you a vote...just an opportunity to express your opinion. The developers will have the final say until they sell out their lots.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM

399 posts, read 1,027,393 times
Quote:

I don't think that's an accurate listing. One of the member's of that committee/board is the one who gave me the ratio I stated.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,811 posts, read 33,104,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
I am surprised this hasn't gotten much attention given the size and scope of this project. The last major land holding this close to 281/1604 is big news.
I imagine the lack of progress on US-281 expansion north of 1604 is driving the demand for more commercial development at the southern end of the corridor. We can likely credit the 281 toll road opponents for this development going commercial.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM

155 posts, read 329,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
...Thankfully they are leaving quite a bit of greenspace...but it is unfortunately not near the existing communities. The development would have commercial projects backing up to all of the surrounding Stone Oak communities. We need to fight this with a passion.
I'm all for progress...I just don't want commercial properties so close to residential developments. And the traffic will just get worse, on all surrounding roads with more people moving in!!
The time to leave "a bit of greenspace" was 30 years ago. The whole area has already been damaged. Stone Oak is not a nature preserve. It is a subdivision. Single family, multi-family, home depot, HEB, convenience store, Taco Cabana...no difference in my book.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:30 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,782,388 times
True, but do they even have any parks at all over there? City stuff that's open to all, not some members-only thing.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:43 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,472,062 times
Stone Oak Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio