U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:21 PM

1,365 posts, read 3,970,778 times

Advertisements

for what it's worth, dh and i have know this officer (i saw his name prior to the mod cut) for years and on a personal level, outside of work, he is suprisingly a really great guy --- super nice and goes out of his way to make one feel at home in his house...

in regards to his professional demeanor, all i can say is that sometimes personalities change once the uniform, gun and badge get put on ... dh has many friends like this and while i do not condone the bahavior i can say that, in my opinion, unless one is in the same profession, it is very hard to relate --- again, i am not making excuses or saying it is okay to treat the public this way, i am only saying that the uniform can and does make some feel invincible and superior...

Old 06-02-2009, 03:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,755,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
for what it's worth, dh and i have know this officer (i saw his name prior to the mod cut) for years and on a personal level, outside of work, he is suprisingly a really great guy --- super nice and goes out of his way to make one feel at home in his house...

in regards to his professional demeanor, all i can say is that sometimes personalities change once the uniform, gun and badge get put on ... dh has many friends like this and while i do not condone the bahavior i can say that, in my opinion, unless one is in the same profession, it is very hard to relate --- again, i am not making excuses or saying it is okay to treat the public this way, i am only saying that the uniform can and does make some feel invincible and superior...
I do not care how someone is away from work. If someone is an ass and has a chip on his/her shoulder, that person does not belong in the public's eye.

A bad day from someone in law enforcement leads too often to an obituary.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM

8 posts, read 15,286 times
Your right, even though i never became an officer, i have had many encounters with them but not one single one was like this and still the same after 12 years. Even after he proceeded to give me a ticket for doing 61 exiting 1604 i called a family member of mine and told him about the incident. He just happen to be having lunch with several other officers (four in total) and he had just repeated what i told them and you could hear them in the back ground saying, "he's screwed, can't call him, has it out for the public." Normally i could call someone and if i follow all the rules and and politely ask the officer (especially if he's cool headed) can i have someone i know give him a call and possibly get a break. I give the name of some friends or family members of mine until they recognize one and i usually get off. Now this doesn't happen that often, but when it has, every police officer has been really cool about it. The only negative is it a long process to get off because i still have to go downtown and back downtown again. For those of you that have been through this, you may know the drill. And as far as a personal level i ran into a friend of mine working extra hours during Fiesta in N.I.O.S.A. and him and David are friends, but he even told me that guy turns into Mr. Hyde when he gets the badge on. He said he wont even ask him for any extended favors.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,755,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiverowking View Post
Your right, even though i never became an officer, i have had many encounters with them but not one single one was like this and still the same after 12 years. Even after he proceeded to give me a ticket for doing 61 exiting 1604 i called a family member of mine and told him about the incident. He just happen to be having lunch with several other officers (four in total) and he had just repeated what i told them and you could hear them in the back ground saying, "he's screwed, can't call him, has it out for the public." Normally i could call someone and if i follow all the rules and and politely ask the officer (especially if he's cool headed) can i have someone i know give him a call and possibly get a break. I give the name of some friends or family members of mine until they recognize one and i usually get off. Now this doesn't happen that often, but when it has, every police officer has been really cool about it. The only negative is it a long process to get off because i still have to go downtown and back downtown again. For those of you that have been through this, you may know the drill. And as far as a personal level i ran into a friend of mine working extra hours during Fiesta in N.I.O.S.A. and him and David are friends, but he even told me that guy turns into Mr. Hyde when he gets the badge on. He said he wont even ask him for any extended favors.
Why these misfits continue is a mystery.

If you asked the head operating room nurses, which are the five worst surgeons, the same names are on all lists. The same asking the surgeons about the worst head nurses.

The same holds true in all fields.

It is management's responsibility to take care of these problems. You need to file a complaint, not about the ticket, but about the officer's unprofessional demeanor.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM

2,330 posts, read 6,261,166 times
Quote:

Let me start off with this.. its terrible that the officer was an ass towards you and shouldnt have been like that..

What really sucks in your story here is the fact that you feel you can break the law and get away with it by name dropping? Please.. instead of breaking the law (speeding) try doing what you have to do to stay with in the means of what the law says.. and if you do fail to do what the law says... then hell take it like the rest of us and accept your flipping ticket. Stop trying to have your "family and or Friends" bail your ass out of tickets that you have made.

You had me until this damn piece of your story.. please..

Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 PM

2,355 posts, read 5,408,301 times
Cops shorter than 5'7 are the ones who normally have an attitude problem, and think they are tough guys. The lack of height would make me bitter.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM

898 posts, read 2,273,575 times
Quote:
So were you on the access road when he clocked your speed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the yellow speed on the off ramps are suggestions (like curves), the speed only changes when you enter the access road.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,278,280 times
Napoleon complex, but they may be in addition to the ego of wearing a uniform and feeling superior to all other lower life forms.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,695,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Napoleon complex, but they may be in addition to the ego of wearing a uniform and feeling superior to all other lower life forms.

Especially when they don't make very much. It all adds up.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,278,280 times
Well its not their fault they dont make very much. Some people can make a less than desirable wage and not be a complete toolbox at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or