U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 AM

224 posts, read 607,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
They may not offer it yet, but give them time to grow. Try SAC instead and you can probably do all your classes (well, most anyway) online.

History Dept. SAC (http://www.alamo.edu/sac/history/default.htm - broken link)
Thanks for the post, but it's not what I'm looking for. The degree this dept. offers goes too in-depth with all the different languages/classes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Default i would like to know too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Since you're in the ACCD system, can you clarify what the OP said about Northlake? Are the classes there really not accredited? How does that work if it's part of the ACCD system? That almost seems pointless to attend classes at that campus.

Excellent advice, otherwise!
I would like more info on this subject too, since we are all needing clarity... precise facts with links to that info should suffice.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Default don't be so dramatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
??? So the class counts....just not the school? They are accredited courses from ACCD....not NE Lakeview? I just want to be clear, as the OP implied that the courses would not be accredited and count toward a degree or would be transferable to another accredited college or university.
I guess I shouldn't generalize on here... cause then people get way too caught up... sheesh!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
I guess I shouldn't generalize on here... cause then people get way too caught up... sheesh!
Well, when you start a thread on here, you have to remember that the info is read by EVERYONE. If someone needs clarification, it really shouldn't bother you.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM

oh it doesn't, thats why I seconded the motion. the more clarity the better!!! I def. learned my lesson about general statements...

Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 PM

338 posts, read 1,129,324 times
Ok, sorry guys. Busy day here in the office. Yes the OP is correct in saying that the school is not yet accredited. As the OP also stated, the classes are actually offered through the SAC and SPC course catalog. Meaning you take the classes at Northeast Lakeview, however the course is a branch of SAC and SPC. Think of it as the Texas A&M system center here. The school itself is not a full university yet, and is wanting accredidation, however the classes they offer are accredited, since the system center is a branch of the Kingsville Univeristy, which is accredited. Make sense? need anything else, give me a holler.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,710,851 times
Quote:
I think we were both confused about the statement "don't be so dramatic"....followed by your post above.

If I wanted to be dramatic I'd type in all caps in a font the was bold and an 84 pt size in RED. Add to that some expletives and a lot of exclamation marks.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 AM

Talking hmmm...

Why do I get the feeling I shouldn't have even asked the question in the first place?
Will def. find the answer on my own from now on...

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM

4,796 posts, read 13,710,851 times
Quote:
Why do I get the feeling I shouldn't have even asked the question in the first place?
Will def. find the answer on my own from now on...
Hey Suemandy....your question was perfectly fine. You got several suggestions.....and some good information. I just didn't understand what sounded "dramatic" to you about my question to Petrock. He was very kind to come back and clarify and offer to help more.

CD is a great place for information. That's what it's designed for....information related to specific locations and the people that live there. It's not ask.com, however.....and some people do expect a little too much from other members here. It's so easy to google info for starters....but the best part is the human interaction between people wanting to help each other. Don't give up on that....but don't expect too much either. Peace out!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
KDK

1 posts, read 1,034 times
What do you think is better Utsa or NE lakeview
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or