U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:43 AM

224 posts, read 607,406 times

Advertisements

Please give details of your experience with the locations you refer, thanks so much. Info on pricing would help too, much obliged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:55 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,691,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
Please give details of your experience with the locations you refer, thanks so much. Info on pricing would help too, much obliged.
A quick search worded "farmers market" under the "search this forum" feature reveals many farmers market threads. Maybe they'll help with your request.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 AM

1,893 posts, read 4,862,837 times
A google search for "Farmers Markets San Antonio" should turn up many locations of small farmers markets around town and the time that they operate. The premier farmers market in San Antonio is the Pearl Farmers Market. Farmers market prices will always be more than supermarket prices just as stuff that is mass produced in China will usually be cheaper than stuff crafted with care. Farmers market food is locally grown and fresher than super market produce. Here is the website for the Pearl Market.
Pearl Farmers Market San Antonio, Texas | Pearl Farmers Market

Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 AM

hello problem/solution person, will do, thanx. and snappy bob, you're a peach, thanks for the link! Now, if someone could just post their experiences with what markets they've been to...

Old 06-03-2009, 09:17 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,521,076 times
I have only been to a couple and have been let down. That is until I went to the Pearl Farmer's Market. To me it is the best one SA has! If you find another good one, please post it!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Default thanks for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
I have only been to a couple and have been let down. That is until I went to the Pearl Farmer's Market. To me it is the best one SA has! If you find another good one, please post it!
An amazing post, a few more like yours and I'm in heaven!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:23 AM

1,433 posts, read 3,521,076 times
I have also been to the one at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. It was very small the day I went. There were about 4 tents, BUT they did have a variety of things from Blackberries, green beans, squash, mint, potatoes, corn....so for being as small as it was the variety was nice. I spent ten dollars and bought blackberries, a ton of squash, green beans, and chocolate mint.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Thumbs up thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
A quick search worded "farmers market" under the "search this forum" feature reveals many farmers market threads. Maybe they'll help with your request.
You were right! I found 40 posts on the subject, all under the SA forum. Gonna sift through them tonight...

Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 AM

3,455 posts, read 7,281,282 times
I went to the one at the Pearl last Saturday. I'm from the midwest so it was a different mix of what I am used to seeing.

Looked like some good meat choices. Blackberries, peaches, some other berries but lacking a bit on fruit selections.

Lots of herbs, some nice looking pastries, flowers.

Lots of good looking sqaush, potatoes and other root type vegetables.

nice place overall, nice to take a stroll on the new riverwalk. Nice.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemandy23 View Post
hello problem/solution person, will do, thanx. and snappy bob, you're a peach, thanks for the link! Now, if someone could just post their experiences with what markets they've been to...
Glad you took FCF's advice. A quick summary. SA has been severely lacking in good farmers markets. Pearl Brewery Farmers Market is showing promise to fill that void. Keep in mind it is BRAND NEW on the SA scene. They have been having soft openings for about 6 weeks, but they just had their grand opening two weeks ago. It has some growing to do, but will most likely expand as the word gets out to local and regional producers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio