U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 04:52 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post
1. $$$$$$$$
2. We as a city are "supposed" to be cutting the budget.
3. City Officials have yet to agree who will get what $$.

All three issues are.....money related.
It just will not happen so get over it.
There is nothing to get over on this issue. And the city budget has nothing to do with NFL football. It has to do with an owner moving his operation to this city. The Spanos' have already said they will fund their own stadium. And if not them someone else will. And fail that the league will expand here most likely. San Antonio is a top 30 media market and is getting bigger every month. The league knows this and the Commissioner himself has said that San Antonio is on the path for a team. The NFL will come to San Antonio eventually. So you get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM

15,065 posts, read 19,716,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
... And the city budget has nothing to do with NFL football.
I'm sure he's just gonna do it to be nice to us
and won't ask for $1 from taxpayers

Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM

137 posts, read 246,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm sure he's just gonna do it to be nice to us
and won't ask for $1 from taxpayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
There is nothing to get over on this issue. And the city budget has nothing to do with NFL football. It has to do with an owner moving his operation to this city. The Spanos' have already said they will fund their own stadium. And if not them someone else will. And fail that the league will expand here most likely. San Antonio is a top 30 media market and is getting bigger every month. The league knows this and the Commissioner himself has said that San Antonio is on the path for a team. The NFL will come to San Antonio eventually. So you get over it.
I do not know what cave you have been in but there is a reason the rich get richer and this would be a nice example. You think they will do it like the previous poster stated "to be nice?" And its funny you say if not them then someone else will bc you are right. Want to guess who?????

Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,020 times
Quote:
I do not know what cave you have been in but there is a reason the rich get richer and this would be a nice example. You think they will do it like the previous poster stated "to be nice?" And its funny you say if not them then someone else will bc you are right. Want to guess who?????
Look, you and others like you can just stay in your negative little world and keep believing that the league will never come to San Antonio. It's just like road improvements and toll roads here. They're inevitable. So get used to the idea.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 PM

137 posts, read 246,896 times
Road improvements are needed and coming soon, but when is the question? I dont know when but you have to get happy in the same panties you got mad in until then. So sit in traffic like everyone else.
But back to the NFL, No one wants the stadium built on their dollar, plain and simple. Especially in our country's economic state.

Last edited by aj007; 07-30-2009 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 PM

399 posts, read 1,030,265 times
Quote:
Road improvements are needed and coming soon, but when is the question? I dont know when but you have to get happy in the same panties you got mad in until then. So sit in traffic like everyone else.
But back to the NFL, No one wants the stadium built on there dollar, plain and simple. Especially in our country's economic state.
I'd help pay for a stadium to get an NFL team here. But I'd rather upgrade the Alamodome, it's already in the perfect location. Yes I'm an NFL fan and I know there are ways for a city to make plenty of money off those 10 fall Sundays.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:34 PM

The Cowboys won't let it happen
or you think they are having pre-season training in the Alamodome because they wanted to relax at the Riverwalk after training

Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,717,838 times
Quote:
or you think they are having pre-season training in the Alamodome because they wanted to relax at the Riverwalk after training
They won't have a choice.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:01 PM

There it is,
an NFL team in San Antonio

http://media.mysanantonio.com/images/COWBOYS+CAMP+0729+KMH+10.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM

64 posts, read 154,574 times
Quote:
I can't recall all the years mentioned below, but the first Cowboys training camp in San Antonio, I believe Jerry made the city pay a million bucks, if I remember correctly.

Then one year, the Cowboys moved their training camp out of San Antonio, maybe wanting more money ??

Then one year, the New Orleans Saints played a few regular season games at the Alamodome.

With the Saints (or other team) relocation talk going on, Jerry couldn't get his training camp back here fast enough with a 5-year contract, to keep the Cowboy spirit alive in San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio