U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,210,361 times
Reputation: 476

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
NFL owners don't care if a city is a baby or a MILF
it's all about money.
You're spot on. And when some owner sees that there is money to be made by having a team in San Antonio then we will get a franchise. Let's hope that it is sooner rather than later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in the universe
2,161 posts, read 3,992,561 times
Reputation: 1434
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
I'm a Viet-Nam Vet and native of San Antonio of 58 years, once upon a time a dallas cowboy fan since 1960. Back in 1960 San Antonio was a small small town, actually bigger than dallas and houston. Now in 2009 my pride like every other Texan is San Antonio which is becoming the BOOMTOWN for the next 30 years or so. For the other Texas cities like dallas and houston they have their own Texas pride. San Antonio is becoming a AeroSpace Hub or Mecca, Big time hollywood studios are actually building their studios here, Major Corporate Head Quarters are about to locate in our major metro maybe metroplex city and now we have all major leagues like NFL NHL MBL MSL are actually looking at out BIG TIME CITY because we are becoming the modern future city in the nation or maybe in the world. By the way Texas fans the texans and the cowboys will never be good enough for me win or lose this is coming from a true San Antonian. I'm one to say my city of SAN ANTONIO is not no stepchild to no other city. Go SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS Go of the NFL.
I would like to know some more info on these big projects you mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
 
15,065 posts, read 19,725,586 times
Reputation: 12235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
San Antonio is becoming a AeroSpace Hub or Mecca, Big time hollywood studios are actually building their studios here, Major Corporate Head Quarters are about to locate in our major metro maybe metroplex city and now we have all major leagues like NFL NHL MBL MSL are actually looking at out BIG TIME CITY because we are becoming the modern future city in the nation or maybe in the world. By the way Texas fans the texans and the cowboys will never be good enough for me win or lose this is coming from a true San Antonian. I'm one to say my city of SAN ANTONIO is not no stepchild to no other city. Go SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS Go of the NFL.
Gotti just got off the time machine or the crazy bus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
399 posts, read 1,030,521 times
Reputation: 192
Here is a great argument as to why SA deserves an NFL team.

Houston ranks fifth for personal income - Houston Business Journal:

There are 7 NFL cities on this list below San Antonio (actually Green Bay didn't even make the list). This is a list of Total Personal Income by city, I think this shows that NFL in SA could be a success.

NFL cities with a lower TPI than SA:
Indianapolis
Charlotte
Nashville
Jacksonville
New Orleans
Buffalo
...
Green Bay

Add Austin in with SA and we're above these NFL cities:
Baltimore
Denver
St. Louis
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Kansas City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,827 posts, read 33,243,305 times
Reputation: 13624
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
Here is a great argument as to why SA deserves an NFL team.

Houston ranks fifth for personal income - Houston Business Journal:

There are 7 NFL cities on this list below San Antonio (actually Green Bay didn't even make the list). This is a list of Total Personal Income by city, I think this shows that NFL in SA could be a success.
This argument is the equivalent of saying a street that has 30 homes valued at $50,000 is in a more upscale neighborhood than a street with 5 homes valued at $150,000. The total value of the 30 homes is higher than the total value of the street with 5, so the street must be more desirable, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
 
Location: South Central Texas
114,173 posts, read 54,253,542 times
Reputation: 163323
San Antonio deserves a break ..meaning no NFL franchise to drain our pockets further!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,210,361 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
Here is a great argument as to why SA deserves an NFL team.

Houston ranks fifth for personal income - Houston Business Journal:

There are 7 NFL cities on this list below San Antonio (actually Green Bay didn't even make the list). This is a list of Total Personal Income by city, I think this shows that NFL in SA could be a success.

NFL cities with a lower TPI than SA:
Indianapolis
Charlotte
Nashville
Jacksonville
New Orleans
Buffalo
...
Green Bay

Add Austin in with SA and we're above these NFL cities:
Baltimore
Denver
St. Louis
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Kansas City
Good post and very interesting. Yet another set of reasons why San Antonio should be in the NFL. And when the franchise finally arrives I say they should hold their training camps at the new Dallas Stadium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 PM
 
15,065 posts, read 19,725,586 times
Reputation: 12235
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
San Antonio deserves a break ..meaning no NFL franchise to drain our pockets further!!
What?
are you trying to say that tax money might be used for that?

Florida Marlins stadium's cost is steeper down the road - Front Page - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/457/story/1131885.html - broken link) - July 2009

With bonds issued last week in New York, the total cost is finally in black and white:
$2.4 billion, spread over 40 years, to repay $409 million in bonds that will primarily,
though not exclusively, cover stadium construction.

The total exceeds earlier estimates, which pegged final costs at $1.8 billion to $2 billion, according to papers released by the Wall Street firms underwriting the bonds. The new figures show that one $91 million bond offering alone will cost, with interest, more than $1 billion to repay. The bonds are backed by tourist-tax dollars, but if those numbers don't meet projections, the county can dip into the general fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 01:25 PM
 
37 posts, read 36,386 times
Reputation: 16
Thumbs up NFL Expansion is coming soon to Southwest Texas

Howdy Again
I'm prue 150% pride San Antonian with one professional NBA franchise call the The San Antonio Spurs and the only pro team that we have here locally in San Antonio ,the others are just minor league franchises we have not good enough especialy when you have a NFL team somewhere east from here and the other to far north from here. These two NFL franchises do not impress me just because they are label houston or dallas win or lose who cares, because here in TEXAS we are big enough economically and a super power economy that we can support up to 4 NFL franchises. San Antonio is number one in the national on it's economy we are rolling and booming. Can you say the SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS of the NFL!!!!! GO DEFENDERS GO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 03:44 PM
 
Location: South Central Texas
114,173 posts, read 54,253,542 times
Reputation: 163323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
What?
are you trying to say that tax money might be used for that?

Florida Marlins stadium's cost is steeper down the road - Front Page - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/457/story/1131885.html - broken link) - July 2009

With bonds issued last week in New York, the total cost is finally in black and white:
$2.4 billion, spread over 40 years, to repay $409 million in bonds that will primarily,
though not exclusively, cover stadium construction.

The total exceeds earlier estimates, which pegged final costs at $1.8 billion to $2 billion, according to papers released by the Wall Street firms underwriting the bonds. The new figures show that one $91 million bond offering alone will cost, with interest, more than $1 billion to repay. The bonds are backed by tourist-tax dollars, but if those numbers don't meet projections, the county can dip into the general fund.
Yep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotti View Post
Howdy Again
I'm prue 150% pride San Antonian with one professional NBA franchise call the The San Antonio Spurs and the only pro team that we have here locally in San Antonio ,the others are just minor league franchises we have not good enough especialy when you have a NFL team somewhere east from here and the other to far north from here. These two NFL franchises do not impress me just because they are label houston or dallas win or lose who cares, because here in TEXAS we are big enough economically and a super power economy that we can support up to 4 NFL franchises. San Antonio is number one in the national on it's economy we are rolling and booming. Can you say the SAN ANTONIO DEFENDERS of the NFL!!!!! GO DEFENDERS GO
Nope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top