Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Hell yeah! The problem ain't with the football teams, its with the politician's who start using $'s from said profits before they even come in. Football MAKES money for cities that have politicians that don't spend it with projected spending practices. The San Antonio Jaguars (colors and all) sound very San Antonian.
The Jaguars does sound very San Antonian. But I believe the city has a much better shot at landing the Chargers. I've been following the team's efforts to build a new stadium over there for years now. And they are no closer to building one now than they were eight years ago. The team has just about run out of options in San Diego County and, one of the places they could relocate to is San Antonio. Alot of things would have to fall into place to make this come about but it is not out of the realm of possibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
The Jaguars does sound very San Antonian. But I believe the city has a much better shot at landing the Chargers. I've been following the team's efforts to build a new stadium over there for years now. And they are no closer to building one now than they were eight years ago. The team has just about run out of options in San Diego County and, one of the places they could relocate to is San Antonio. Alot of things would have to fall into place to make this come about but it is not out of the realm of possibility.
I would love to have the San Antonio Chargers here

Old 07-29-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I know I'm a little late to this party, but I'll pipe in anyway...

Gov. Good Hair has been known to say a lot of ridiculous things that get him in hot water people. Why should this statement be any different.

Let's face it: He's the Governor who cried stupid. If Ann Richards were still alive, I'm sure she'd have a verbal field day with his antics. The last thing Perry needs to do is stick his opinion into whether San Antonio needs an NFL team.

Remember the last time we let a crooked politico lead us into a rash decision? We got a little baby called The Alamodome. That worked out REAL well

BN
Why don't you just quit dwelling in the negative aspects of the past and try to think ahead a little bit. The fact is, as others have mentioned, San Antonio has grown a tremendous amount over the last couple of decades and is in a position now to support NFL football. As I mentioned in another thread the Chargers would be a perfect example of a team that could move here. Moderator cut: off-topic/personal

The Chargers president Dean Spanos has said that the team plans to build a new stadium, somewhere, with its own funds. All they would need is some land. And what do we have plenty of around South Texas? Land, and lots of it. With the right financial enticements and tax breaks we could all be going to Charger games at the Dome as early as 2010 while a new Dome is built. And yes the Governor can lend his support to this cause by being proactive and vocal about his beliefs of NFL football in San Antonio.

Last edited by Bo; 07-29-2009 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 02:23 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,297 times
Gov. Perry will support anything that will brings in more tax dollars. He would probably support taking someones ranch away from them to build it on and build a toll road to get there. Then in 10 or 15 years sell the whole thing to some foreign entity.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Gov. Perry will support anything that will brings in more tax dollars. He would probably support taking someones ranch away from them to build it on and build a toll road to get there. Then in 10 or 15 years sell the whole thing to some foreign entity.
Look, isn't bringing in more tax revenue the explicit job of a Governor among other things. The fact is NFL football teams bring in tons of revenue for the communities that host and support them. And San Antonio would be no different. Imagine the joy of going to see a pro game in this area. It would be terrific. Toll roads and foreign businesses are no concern of mine.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM

52 posts, read 197,281 times
Quote:
Hey Mr. negative. Don't read the thread if you don't like the topic and don't try to prevent others who care about this important subject from posting. If you don't like the NFL keep it to yourself on here or start a "I hate the NFL" forum. Your post is weak and worthless anyway so I don't suppose anyone would want to participate in such a negative thread begun by you.
I agree... if you don't like the channel then change it. I don't care that this topic has been beaten to death... I love the idea of SA getting an NFL team... and I really like reading all the jousting that goes back and forth about the subject...

Please keep this thread alive!

I love the Buccaneers but if SA got a team I would definitely jump on that band wagon... I'd still love the Bucs but I would watch every "San Antonio Rattler's" (My choice in names if there was ever an expansion) or San Antonio Charger's/Panther's/Etc game and even try to go to a few!

My two cents

Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM

137 posts, read 283,980 times
Love football, but SA is not getting a team. Sorry for me bc I have to put up with the spurs hype all yr and the hype of cowboys training camp.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj007 View Post
Love football, but SA is not getting a team. Sorry for me bc I have to put up with the spurs hype all yr and the hype of cowboys training camp.
Why do you believe that San Antonio will not get a team?

Old 07-29-2009, 03:30 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
An NFL team does not make a city better.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM

137 posts, read 283,980 times
Quote:
Why do you believe that San Antonio will not get a team?
1. $$$$$$$$
2. We as a city are "supposed" to be cutting the budget.
3. City Officials have yet to agree who will get what $$.

All three issues are.....money related.
It just will not happen so get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio