Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:39 AM

175 posts, read 302,031 times

Advertisements

To be honest, I'm not surprised. That's a VERY ghetto restaurant, and it's not in the best part of town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 11:48 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,253,040 times
That particular location for whatever reason just attracts trash. I went once with some friends and we brought our kids since it has some kinda playscape, after seeing how filthy the place was and the insane amount of kids running around unsupervised, we booked it. There clearly were like a dozen health/fire/and safety codes being violated and I am not standing in line for 30 minutes for subrate nachos and warm beer.

IMO I don't think that area is a bad part of town, so I don't know why that Chachos has so many problems. Maybe the combination of alcohol, cheap nachos, and overcrowding?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM

18,044 posts, read 25,080,159 times
If that whole thing of "everybody carry their gun" works so well
why didn't anybody shoot him?

I'm a little tired of seeing all this news about people getting shot
it feels like I moved to the Wild West where "Billy the Kid" rules the town.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 PM

115 posts, read 278,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XVS View Post
To be honest, I'm not surprised. That's a VERY ghetto restaurant, and it's not in the best part of town.
What do you mean by very ghetto restaurant?

Old 06-10-2009, 12:39 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,562,458 times
Someone ought to report seeing someone topless or in bikinis in that place and get them shut down for good.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:43 PM

299 posts, read 605,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Someone ought to report seeing someone topless or in bikinis in that place and get them shut down for good.
lol

Old 06-10-2009, 02:20 PM

418 posts, read 1,235,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I'm a little tired of seeing all this news about people getting shot
it feels like I moved to the Wild West where "Billy the Kid" rules the town.
We are in the wild west. Especially after sun down. Act accordingly.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:23 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,348,862 times
Texans and their guns.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:24 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
That particular location for whatever reason just attracts trash. I went once with some friends and we brought our kids since it has some kinda playscape, after seeing how filthy the place was and the insane amount of kids running around unsupervised, we booked it. There clearly were like a dozen health/fire/and safety codes being violated and I am not standing in line for 30 minutes for subrate nachos and warm beer.

IMO I don't think that area is a bad part of town, so I don't know why that Chachos has so many problems. Maybe the combination of alcohol, cheap nachos, and overcrowding?
We've never been in there...mainly because of the play scape area. Nothing against children playing....on the contrary, nothing is more joyful to watch. We just don't want to dine anywhere and listen to loud screaming and laughing and chaos on top of the regular noise in a restaurant. I can't personally attest to the clientele that frequents that location.

I do agree that the area really isn't that bad. It's sort of a mixed bag. There's quite a bit of industrial business on the East side of Chacho's....Apartments just South of 410.....moderate mixed residential to the North and West. But there is a SAHA complex at the end of Austin Hwy that is within walking distance....and some section 8 mixed in some of the residential. And please don't flame me for even mentioning that, but the crime has escalated in that area a bit....including more tagging etc. That being said...Marymont and Oakwell Farms are all near that area.....and definitely higher end residential. So....just the results of an aging area before HOA's were the norm (Oakwell Farms the exception). A mixture of everything.

I also agree that Chacho's has all the right recipe for anything to happen. The play scape may end up getting deserted after this incident, but I doubt it will hurt their business enough to close.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:25 PM

299 posts, read 605,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
Texans and their guns.
yup..too bad I wasn't there, someone would not have gotten away alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio