Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times

Advertisements

Reading this article in today's paper, I continue to be amazed at how the SAPD is routinely given a hall pass for their inexcusable breaking of their own rules.

Speed cited in SAPD car crash (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Speed_cited_in_SAPD_car_crash.html - broken link)

How about we stop with the useless 'internal investigations' and start demanding answers from those who are paid with tax-dollars to serve & protect? The SAPD has a long history of these kinds of abuses with the problem seemingly getting worse.

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
98 mph on Commerce Street. Someone who didn't know better would say that it'll take someone getting killed to get LEOs to stop driving faster than their policy allows on city streets, but that's already happened.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM

667 posts, read 1,567,050 times
That is AMAZING. Maybe now that an officer has injured the wife of former Councilman, more will be done to combat this apparent problem.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:46 PM

39 posts, read 107,286 times
Whos polices the PO'LICE?

Its more that just out of control speed on the roads. Its the way they handle incidents. They put their hands on you, tell you to shut the **** up, push your buttons and look to get a reaction out of you so they can have a reason to tase you or take you down. Most people dont see this when its happening to them and give them that response. ANYTIME I deal with an SAPD officer I dont take it lightly. I am ready for something stupid to happen. Once a cop asked me what I did in the military and I told him it didnt matter. But he kept asking so I told him my job is to serve my country and he looked at me and laughed. He then said I have lost more men protecting & serving your sorry ass neighborhoods and barriors than you ever will in your military career. As a troop that has been deployed a couple times and lost a few cats I worked with I was ready to go PTSD on his butt and snap his neck. But I looked at him, picked up my ID off the hood of the car and walked off. Not only was he of the same race as me appearently to his buddies my service wasnt good enough cause I was in the army and not a jar head. It was sad to see other service member act like this. But I can see why 911 is not an option for a lot of people. And by the way I think the count for troops lost in my military career is like close to 5 or 6 thousand Officer Moderator cut: last name of officer

Last edited by Bo; 06-11-2009 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: For privacy/defamation reasons, don't name names here. You can do that at ratemycop.com.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,880,155 times
I see SAPD blatently abusing who they are with speeding, running lights and being abusive verbally and physically.
They did it to me when i had called them about an incident. They treated me like I was crazy. I won't go into details but they almost arrested me when I had called them for help. The officer did everything but tell me I was scum. I wil alwyas remeber his name. i even reported the incident with no action or results.
The attitude seems to be deteriorating for them everyday. I know they deal with major dangerous criminals, but do not include all the citizens into that group.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Reading this article in today's paper, I continue to be amazed at how the SAPD is routinely given a hall pass for their inexcusable breaking of their own rules.

Speed cited in SAPD car crash (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Speed_cited_in_SAPD_car_crash.html - broken link)

How about we stop with the useless 'internal investigations' and start demanding answers from those who are paid with tax-dollars to serve & protect? The SAPD has a long history of these kinds of abuses with the problem seemingly getting worse.

BN
well it can be done, all you need is a pen, a piece of paper, and an idea. Let your council person have it!!! Everytime I see a cop doing something stupid I write his squad number down, try to take a picture, when its safe to do so ***cough*** Dopo ***cough*** LOL JK, and then write to the councill, you'd be surprised when they see pics of their men in blue jabbering on their cellphone disregarding public safety.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:45 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Wow, some pretty harsh words about our men in blue. I know there are lots of bad ones out there (I know some of them).
But in their defense, there are some who are truly there to protect and serve.

I do agree that there needs to be more strict procedures or at least more enforcing of the procedures.

BN, I also agree that the problem seems to be getting worse. I think it is everywhere though (not just the PD), it is just what this world is coming to, sadly.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:27 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Gosh....can this thread be added to the SA's finest. Do we really need to rehash EVERYTHING that was already said a zillions times in THAT thread? I agree with TTGirl....these rants overshadow the good cops.....and there are plenty of those out there.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Gosh....can this thread be added to the SA's finest. Do we really need to rehash EVERYTHING that was already said a zillions times in THAT thread? I agree with TTGirl....these rants overshadow the good cops.....and there are plenty of those out there.
Maybe - the question would be, which thread should it be merged into? Search this forum for "police" and half of the threads that come up are various gripes about various police departments. The speeding incident where the officer was killed is old news and this speeding incident, though similar, is noteworthy for being the second such incident. There was a recent thread about a specific incident where a member was scolded over the officer's PA system that attracted several generic rants about SAPD.

A better solution would be for this thread to stick to the original topic and not be a dumping ground for generic rants about SAPD or the chief. Those are outside the scope of this topic.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I have to side with TTG and wCat, they are keeping this in the proper perspective. Yes, the SAPD is far from perfect; but if someone thinks it is such an easy job and that they could do better, then why don't they submit their application and complete the training to become a police officer?

And, if you really investigate some individual's stories about their negative encounters with the SAPD, you will probably find the "rest of the story" (as Paul Harvey would say) to be quite interesting. Heck, just by the attitudes we see here, it is not surprising that their encounters were less than positive; as if that is the way they express themselves on this forum, who knows who they express themselves when dealing with the police?

I still stand by my earlier statements that we are only seeing one side of the story, and for the most part the SAPD does a good job in protecting the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: