Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM

26 posts, read 169,817 times

Advertisements

I have some questions about the Woodklake Country Club and Woodlake Park Subdivisions, please.

1) Are they considered decent and safe places to live?

I have read both positive (such as some well established neighborhoods) and negative (such as some type of smell near zip code 78244; being too close to Converse, etc) comments about both subdivisions.

2) How long is the drive to and from Fort Sam Houston during heavy traffic periods?

Thanks for any inputs, as these are two of the subdivisions I am trying to get more info about because of my pending relocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 AM

26 posts, read 169,817 times
Any inputs? Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:45 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,767,978 times
Decent area. Nice subdivision. There's a new shopping center that was just built.

As for the time to Fort Sam. Probably 20-25 minutes.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,570,722 times
It's okay. I've heard some good and bad in regard to the safety of the area...specifically robberies.The neighbors are active in stopping the crime and it's by far not an inner city, downtown crime ridden area, but I remember the residents mentioning it more then once when I was out there. The smell, I guess that's an issue.

But, this isn't my part of town so I cannot speak from personal experience. I don't know how many woodlake residents there are on City-Data so you may not get the in depth answers you are looking for here.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:10 PM

5 posts, read 14,981 times
I don't know what smell people are talking about, Woodlake Park is a nice area, fairly new, and I already posted about the villas on the course and the other neighborhood is called Mission Hills. It has some homes that are a little older, more character. There is crime in the area, but some diligence on the part of the homeowner such as making sure doors are locked, etc will take care of most of that.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 PM

95 posts, read 205,279 times
I lived in the area for the last 2 years before moving to the Fort Sam Houston area. Crime was always talked about but I never saw any. There is definitely a stink during certain times of days. Specifically during the night.

It's not a bad area but I am happy I moved. Shopping at the HEB is a drag and can be a little ghetto. Also the newer gated communities I lived in both The Greens and The Parks are slowly deteriorating. I used to think the new shopping area would help bring the area up but I doubt it.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,421 times
I am thinking about buying a house in the Woodlake subdivision. I am a bit concerned bc Ive read mostly bad reviews about it. Help!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:41 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,739,873 times
We looked at it several years back - but between the odor and the overall rep of the place, we passed.....don't regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio