U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 8,610,564 times

Advertisements

Fair market value, anything above that is a write off. Plus, it is written to a charity.

Last edited by sinsativ; 06-04-2009 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 PM

554 posts, read 2,102,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Fair market value, anything above that is a write off. Plus, it is written to a charity.
I'm not quite sure if you're saying the same thing as I am here or not . Someone had posted something and either deleted or edited...not sure if that was you. I had a whole response typed up and then noticed it had been changed. Anyway...

If anyone has a real interest in this topic (so as not to completely change the OP's topic of the auction)...this is a great resource for ALL things related to charity auctions and tax deductible issues. Taxes and Charity Auctions

And I'll let that be it for me on this topic.

Now Watch, Bid, and Buy at the KLRN Auction!! Hope you get some great deals!!

Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,351,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Gosh...there are some great wine packages on there tonight.
And several of them were won by a VERY grateful bidder!

LOVE those nice reds.....

Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,720,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
And several of them were won by a VERY grateful bidder!

LOVE those nice reds.....
I'll be looking for my invitation soon.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:14 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,280,444 times
If anybody is interested in a vasectomy the bid starts at $290! Any takers????

Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,280,444 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

It really is being offered, I saw it on the website. I thought it was kinda strange.

Vasectomy - Listing # 132

Last edited by Bo; 06-06-2009 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the quoted message has been deleted

Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
It really is being offered, I saw it on the website. I thought it was kinda strange.

Vasectomy - Listing # 132
Moderator cut: orphaned

P-rex....There are a few items that you just can't pick up at HEB. I think some of the contributors just use the auction for free advertising...which is unfortunate.

There was one cosmetic surgery video with CLOSE UP shots of a patient getting botoxed. Not what I wanted to see while I was eating dinner.

But then there was the $5000 one night stay at the St Anthony??? Even though it was the presidential suite....and included a private dinner for six in the suite by their famed chef. The starting bid was something like 2700. Not takers last I noticed. Yeow!

But it does all make for some good entertainment while bidding on the great stuff!

Last edited by Bo; 06-06-2009 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the sentence referred to posts that have been deleted

Old 06-06-2009, 12:23 PM

There was some wonderful artwork I was tempted to bid on.

I can't imagine where they keep all these things....and how they keep up with it all!

Just a reminder this goes on thru next Friday the 12th of June.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:54 PM

554 posts, read 2,102,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

I can't imagine where they keep all these things....and how they keep up with it all!

KLRN has 2 studios - the larger is where the auction takes place, the smaller serves as a warehouse for the items they display. Additionally, they have a very large room on the 2nd floor of the building that sort of serves as the auction "war room" where they keep everything until they start to move into the studio warehouse, and continue to use for some of the more valuable items.

I've volunteered for the auction before.. it's a very complex show!!! They get thousands of items, enter them into a database, assign a location in the warehouse, write scripts, and then decide what board they go on on what night and in what space...it takes months for them to plan, a large staff is involved, as well as hundreds of volunteers. Its a great event where the community comes together and supports an important local resource.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
KLRN has 2 studios - the larger is where the auction takes place, the smaller serves as a warehouse for the items they display. Additionally, they have a very large room on the 2nd floor of the building that sort of serves as the auction "war room" where they keep everything until they start to move into the studio warehouse, and continue to use for some of the more valuable items.

I've volunteered for the auction before.. it's a very complex show!!! They get thousands of items, enter them into a database, assign a location in the warehouse, write scripts, and then decide what board they go on on what night and in what space...it takes months for them to plan, a large staff is involved, as well as hundreds of volunteers. Its a great event where the community comes together and supports an important local resource.
Amazing. I've been involved in fairly large silent auctions in the past....but they only lasted ONE night. That took us a year to pull off.

It's mind boggling to think about what KLRN goes through in advance to prepare for two weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio