U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 5,248 times

Advertisements

new to area, any good places to meet gay males?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 4,923 times
I was a Very Very good friend of Happy's from 1967-1970 untill I moved away to Galveston and went to work for...
Shearn Moody,,,,Happy was one of the NICEST guys i ever knew....boy do i miss him. GREAT GREAT GUY.!!! your friend Larry Grasso...(NY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
I vote for Hap. Ex-Bohnam employee here,have a fondness for Hap and all he did for the city.
I was a Very Very good friend of Happy's from 1967-1970 untill I moved away to Galveston and went to work for...
Shearn Moody,,,,Happy was one of the NICEST guys i ever knew....boy do i miss him. GREAT GREAT GUY.!!! your friend Larry Grasso...(NY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Grasso View Post
Hi...If you remember Happy and wanna chat...e-mail at ljgrass13@aol.com

If you remember Happy,,,and would like to chat,,,,e-mail me ljgrass13@aol.com....larry

Hi. anyone remember Jimmy Stoker...??? (Moody) Galv.

Last edited by Bo; 02-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: Combined 6 consecutive posts into one for clarity.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:25 AM

126 posts, read 378,690 times
Try Sparky's Pub, its new....
Sparky's Pub

or check out the review in the current:

SA Current: Club Review:

Old 02-21-2010, 12:15 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,035 times
Perhaps sending people to your review wasn't the best idea, considering the scathing comments section.

While I haven't yet visited this new bar, I would be interested in knowing why you already have customers complaining about a credit card scam of overcharging a 'tip.' Can you explain?

BN

Old 02-21-2010, 02:51 PM

126 posts, read 378,690 times
Its funny how you can have a great review from a professional critic but somehow an anonymous comment is supposed to be what you focus on....

Anytime you swipe a credit car at a gas pump or in a bar to open a tab they pre-authorize your card for a set amount (usually $20 - $50 bucks) to make sure the card is good and has enough available credit to cover their purchase. The available credit is reduced on your card for a day or so but the pre-authorized amount is not charged. The actual charge comes through the next business day and thats all they are charged on their credit card statement. Anybody that has worked in a bar or restaurant knows how this works. The problem happens when people use their debit card in a bar and their account balance is low and they have tied up their money for a day.

As for the nasty anonymous comment you left on the current review, well drinks are $3.50, $2.25 during happy hour not $8 (it could be $7 if you ordered a double but then thats 2 drinks)

And if you would pay any attention to what we are doing to the strip you would notice We ARE opening the storefronts back up across the whole strip, your'e like a broken record on this.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,035 times
The comments on the Current's website aren't mine. While I have my own issues with the gay scene here in San Antonio and have vented them quite openly (without the need for anonymity), I have yet to go to Sparkys. Know that if I had an issue with anything, I'd always sign it with BN. If there's one thing I'm not, it's bashful.

I don't know the layout of your new bar, so I can't comment for or against, but if you do have windows and don't allow smoking, I support that design totally.

What I'm a broken record about is change and how to go about putting your best face forward. I won't go into my spiel now, but so much of what's happened in the past 10 years feels like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. I hope that stops. Soon.

Thanks for clarifying the credit card issue. Appreciated.

BN

Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM

11 posts, read 19,243 times
Sparky's is an interesting change for the area. Haven't gotten in -yet - but I like this direction. Moving from DFW a few years ago, I was kinda surprised how all the major bars along the strip were like caves - no windows, outsides look like a warehouse...

Still, for someone who's only been here 2.5 years, it does seem like the strip fluctuates between ugly and less ugly. Hopefully Sparky's helps change that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or