Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM

36 posts, read 116,717 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess I'm the odd man (woman) out. I can get WOAI, KSAT, and KLRN but absolutely nothing for KENS. I have an amplified set top antenna. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM

30 posts, read 95,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippylou View Post
Well, I guess I'm the odd man (woman) out. I can get WOAI, KSAT, and KLRN but absolutely nothing for KENS. I have an amplified set top antenna. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
That's rather odd, since WOAI and KENS are both transmitting from the same tower and I believe KENS is transmitting at slightly higher power. You will want to gradually reorient your UHF antenna a few degrees at a time and rescan. If you have a way to check the signal strength as you go, that will make it easier.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:46 PM

324 posts, read 1,308,317 times
has ANYONE been able to get KRLN with a rabbit ears?

I'm getting frustrated - this whole DTV that was promised to have better reception, more channels, etc and now I get less and every single chanel has wavy lines or static. And No KLRN.

I'm being forced to pay $20 a month just so my daughter can watch decent TV & PBS kids

Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotamidnight View Post
has ANYONE been able to get KRLN with a rabbit ears?

I'm getting frustrated - this whole DTV that was promised to have better reception, more channels, etc and now I get less and every single chanel has wavy lines or static. And No KLRN.

I'm being forced to pay $20 a month just so my daughter can watch decent TV & PBS kids
I too am very frustrated. I have gotten KLRN, see above.

Now for this evenings performance in attempting to get KENS......without losing what I already have.....I will be up on the chair, move the antenna, down off the chair, check for KENS, no KENS. Up on the chair, adjust the antenna, off the chair, check for KENS, YES!!! Check for KSAT- NO. Up on the chair, rinse and repeat.

Has any one out there sucessfully gotten KENS, WOAI, KSAT and KLRN all at once?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I too am very frustrated. I have gotten KLRN, see above.

Now for this evenings performance in attempting to get KENS......without losing what I already have.....I will be up on the chair, move the antenna, down off the chair, check for KENS, no KENS. Up on the chair, adjust the antenna, off the chair, check for KENS, YES!!! Check for KSAT- NO. Up on the chair, rinse and repeat.

Has any one out there sucessfully gotten KENS, WOAI, KSAT and KLRN all at once?
I don't think I've heard of anyone getting a KLRN signal, much less a good one. Perhaps someone who lives a mile away from the transmitter.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:34 PM

KLRN is the one that comes in best. Of course, I started the whole orientation process with KLRN first. That may be why I can't get all the other channels at the same time. BTW I live at Blanco and Bitters.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
KLRN is the one that comes in best. Of course, I started the whole orientation process with KLRN first. That may be why I can't get all the other channels at the same time. BTW I live at Blanco and Bitters.
Interesting...

Maybe I can get KLRN. Wonder what frequency number they are using...?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:56 PM

9.1, 9.2 v-me is 9.3 (spanish) and Create! is 9.4 (can you tell what I watched all weekend between fussing with the antenna?) Is your antenna an amplified one?

Are the channel numbers the frequency?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM

276 posts, read 969,896 times
I've noticed that some channels come in better if I lower the gain on the antenna amplifier.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
9.1, 9.2 v-me is 9.3 (spanish) and Create! is 9.4 (can you tell what I watched all weekend between fussing with the antenna?) Is your antenna an amplified one?

Are the channel numbers the frequency?
Yes, my antenna is amplified. No, the channel numbers are not necessarily the frequency number. For instance, WOAI (4) operates on UHF frequency number 48. KSAT (12) however, does operate on VHF frequency number 12.

After some research, I've found that KLRN now operates on VHF frequency number 9, so that gives me some hope that I can find it.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio