U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM

25 posts, read 63,338 times

Advertisements

I bought a used Escape from Red McCombs Toyota on I-10 back in 2007 and it was a great experience. I went in and saw the (used) car of my dreams and we went back and forth on the price for a bit and i walked away (the price was good but I wanted GREAT). I popped back in a couple of weeks later and the same sales guy found me checking out the car again. At this point he knew I wanted it and could've stuck me on the price, but he pretty quickly said he'd take off another $2,000 - which turned it into a fantastic deal. They let me take it for the day so my mechanic could take a look and that night we signed the papers. The Escape and I have been happy ever since and it's given me no trouble (outside of normal wear and tear). I was cautious too when he took off the extra cash, but they did right by me. One of my buddies bought a car from them and they gave him phenomenal service too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 01:12 PM

3,428 posts, read 5,750,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdude View Post
Their vehicles seem OK but their sales tactics have been questionable for years.

I would never purchase a used vehicle without a Carfax report.

Many reputable dealers will provide a Carfax report if requested.

I wouldn't solely rely on a Carfax.

The Secret History of Cars | CBC News: Marketplace

Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 8,601,712 times
I just did a quick check of the Bexar County civil filings for the last couple of years, and stopped counting at 30 lawsuits against Red McCombs auto dealerships for "Deceptive Trade Practices" also did a check on BBB in Austin and there have been at least 3 at each dealership registered in the last 36 months, complaints that is. I personally don't do business with any of his dealerships, they have always been quick to get you to sign on the dotted line and slow to perform the service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio