U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 07:24 AM

4,796 posts, read 13,742,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
This is getting way over overblown.

My painter was repainting one of my wife's properties. He was rinsing his brush out at the water faucet when a city car pulls up and a "city official" informed him in a loud voice that he would be out of a job in Stage 111. In the ensuing phone call, I asked my painter why he was driving around during the day spewing emissions. The stooge said he was exempt.

I told my painter where the city official could stick his carbon footprint.
I agree. He was basically telling your painter to quit painting.....which would result in being out of a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:44 AM

284 posts, read 943,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Having also grown up in the 70's, there is no way we slept through the summer nights without AC. Didn't happen.
I grew up here in the 70's also. Believe me, we used our air conditioning day and night. I had a friend whose Dad was trying to save money by not running the air conditioning. It was not comfortable at all in her house.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM

944 posts, read 2,807,460 times
Thanks again Anthony and wCat, those posts taught me a lot, too. Weather is very interesting to me for some reason, and it's something that I don't know much about. My climate change fear has subsided a bit now

Old 06-21-2009, 06:13 PM

325 posts, read 695,181 times
My iPhone says it will be hot and dry, it no lie.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 857,634 times
I really do not understand that water restrictions at all. It seems to be as long as you play by the rules, you can continue to use as much water as you like.

Does anyone know how these the restrictions actually affect water consumption?

I think they should pass summer and winter rates for water and end these silly restrictions. And they should probably also should have increased rates for the restriction levels they have now. They wait till stage for 4 right now to actually increase rates right now.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,823 posts, read 33,222,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh View Post
I think they should pass summer and winter rates for water and end these silly restrictions. And they should probably also should have increased rates for the restriction levels they have now. They wait till stage for 4 right now to actually increase rates right now.
The restrictions are intended to protect the endangered snail darter that lives in the aquifer. Paying more to use as much water as we want might help the bottom line at SAWS and Bexar Met, but it won't keep the snail darter's habitat from going dry.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 PM
cwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
The restrictions are intended to protect the endangered snail darter that lives in the aquifer. Paying more to use as much water as we want might help the bottom line at SAWS and Bexar Met, but it won't keep the snail darter's habitat from going dry.
Depends on how much you charge for water..

Should it be any surprise that when water is cheap, people will use as much as they want.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:37 PM

898 posts, read 2,620,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh View Post
Depends on how much you charge for water..

Should it be any surprise that when water is cheap, people will use as much as they want.
Just like when gas is cheaper, we drive more. However, SAWS does charge for water, based on usage. Check out the rates SAWS has listed on their site.

San Antonio Water System: Residential Water Service

The more you use, the higher the bill, and there are two different rates, depending on the time of the year.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
cwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
Just like when gas is cheaper, we drive more. However, SAWS does charge for water, based on usage. Check out the rates SAWS has listed on their site.

The more you use, the higher the bill, and there are two different rates, depending on the time of the year.
And those rates are still pennies per gallon.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:53 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,373,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post

I checked my bills back to Jan 2008 and there are no different rates depending on the time of year. Now, if you live outside city limits, then you'll pay a higher rate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio