Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:44 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

Advertisements

That was my thought also. Out of 13 restaurants mentioned only 2 do I not regognize as chains. Tells you alot about the growth.

I find it somewhat humorous the comment about keeping traffic flowing by adding traffic lights. Ask the folks out 281/1604 how the traffic light solution is working out for them. Seems like traffic planning is still business as usual. Wait till Schertz grows by another 50% (5 yrs?), they be jumping through hoops to come up with multi billion dollar traffic fixes. Now is a perfect time to do it right and make all of those chain businesses and developers that are making all the money from the development pay for it. If not you will be paying for it later.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Schertz is a nice place to live right now but if you let the developers go unbridled they will ruin it quick. Don't forget. They're only in it for the money. They don't care one bit about Schertz or the people that live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 PM

81 posts, read 218,933 times
Schertz has three routes into DT, IH35,I10, and FM78, while Stone Oak really only has one major route. I believe Schertz/Cibolo/Selma already is about the pop of Stone Oak, w/o the traffic issues. Both areas are nice. Good luck finding a house for 135K.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:47 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GablesNole View Post
are there any good restaurants that are not chains/fast food? Looking for an area with good local restaurants. You know, Mom and Pop type of stuff...

There are a lot of chains in the area especially along 35. But if you take a trip down F.M 78 you will see many mom and pop eateries. Especially as you get into Universal City which is about a five to ten minute drive away.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,863 times
Just wanted to let you all know there are two great mom and pop style restaurants is Schertz. Carmines is an upscale Italian restarurant, great for a special night out. Pazzo Italiano is family friendly and inexpensive (but great food) for any occasion.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:17 PM

4 posts, read 10,543 times
Hi Novemberhawk - you seem to know alot about Schertz/Cibolo area, can you recommend a great preschool? i have a 3 1/2 year old.

Thanks,

Old 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtosa View Post
Hi Novemberhawk - you seem to know alot about Schertz/Cibolo area, can you recommend a great preschool? i have a 3 1/2 year old.

Thanks,
I don't think Novemberhawk is a member anymore, at least with that username. I'm sure there are others on here that could help you out, though! Have you done a search yet for threads that are relevant to you? The answer may already be here--you just have to look for it.

Welcome to Schertz/SA!

Old 11-25-2007, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,543 times
Thanks! I have searched but no one really gives out any names for Schertz/Cibolo area.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
AT9

691 posts, read 1,219,299 times
I used to live in Schertz from when I was 10 to 14 years old and I loved it. I haven't been to Schertz in about 3 years... but it is a very pleasent and affordable place to live.

Since I haven't been there in a while, I don't know much about new stuff going in. But it is only a few minutes down the road is the Forum, a huge outdoor mall with all the typicall stores and restaurants (Target, Borders, Chilis, Friday's, Macaroni Grill, Khols, Home Depot, etc....). Also, I believe that right up the road from Schertz on I-35 in Cibilo, they're building a new shopping center with a Super Target and Lowes as anchors. But it's been a while since I've heard anything about it so I'm not sure. As well as the Forum there are Rolling Oaks Mall nearby, Wall-Mart Supercenter in Schertz, and the original Garden Ridge is right next to Wall Mart.

Well, hope that helps, and I hope everything works out for you!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM

545 posts, read 2,284,041 times
My co-workers swear by Texas Heritage. It's out on 1518. Don't know how hard it is to get in.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM

24 posts, read 68,054 times
Default Preschools in Schertz/Selma/dt SA

I'm glad someone asked this question because we are moving to Schertz this summer, as well, with a 3 1/2 year old and will also be looking for preschools. I've gotten a couple of responses -- enough to get me started looking anyway -- but would also appreciate whatever imput anyone has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio