U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 7,606 times

Advertisements

I passed through W.W. White and Rigsby and I saw people in caprices and impalas with 24's swangin tonight. Some were at Chatmans chicken. Is there a specific meeting place? Do they do this every Saturday night? If anyone can give me any information or a website, I'll appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 01:17 AM

31 posts, read 63,416 times
I just went to one out at The Rim tonight. There were vettes, mustangs, and others there. They meet in the parking lot of Outdoor World. I'm not sure where others meet. They seem to meet on Sat nights @ 6 though.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:30 AM

102 posts, read 233,873 times
An OP from last year gives a lot of info on this:

car meets?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 AM

1,668 posts, read 3,363,132 times
Although my son drives a Honda Accord Coupe he likes to go the the new Texaco at Potranco and 151, Fuddruckers at Ingram and Loop 410, aslo Bigsby's Burgers at Topperwein and IH 35N. I sorry but right now I can't give you the dates and times. He see's cars of all models and years and owner's from young to old . He has never seen any trouble at these places. I know that the business's would run people off if there was any.
Hopefully there is someone out there that knows more.

*I grew up in Central California and I had and still have a passion for Lowriders.Those guys had terrific interiors, bad a.. paint jobs, and a lot of pride.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:14 AM

39 posts, read 96,335 times
heard that the gathering at the Bigs isnt going to be popping anymore, people started drinking and messing it up for the rest of the cars at the Texaco. So I heard its no longer going to be a spot that will be hosting the event. But that the Bass Shop, off of 10 I believe not sure, will be hosting it. Keep us posted.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:54 AM

1,668 posts, read 3,363,132 times
Thanks for the info -That's too bad. I'll be sure and ask my son later this morning. I'll let you all know.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,017,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyT View Post
heard that the gathering at the Bigs isnt going to be popping anymore, people started drinking and messing it up for the rest of the cars at the Texaco. So I heard its no longer going to be a spot that will be hosting the event. But that the Bass Shop, off of 10 I believe not sure, will be hosting it. Keep us posted.
yeah some stupid old chacho's started to show up the last couple of weeks, and were consuming beer, and leaving the glass bottles there. They truly ruined it for the rest of us... Jerks!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,441,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyT View Post
That's a shame. My 8 year old son has been begging me the last couple of Friday/Saturday nights we've seen them there to stop so he can look at all the cars. I did notice last Saturday night several police cars (about 10 pm or so?) at Big's so figured I probably wouldn't be taking my son there. Such a shame...because there are some pretty nice looking cars and for a little boy to be able to see some classics up close like that would be pretty fun.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,017,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
That's a shame. My 8 year old son has been begging me the last couple of Friday/Saturday nights we've seen them there to stop so he can look at all the cars. I did notice last Saturday night several police cars (about 10 pm or so?) at Big's so figured I probably wouldn't be taking my son there. Such a shame...because there are some pretty nice looking cars and for a little boy to be able to see some classics up close like that would be pretty fun.

well the police was there as a safety net, the last couple of weeks the cops didnt show up, thats when it got crazy. You made the right choice in not taking your son there, people were doing burnouts, and taking turns like if they were at a speedway.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:55 PM

4,088 posts, read 6,108,651 times
Acording to Silvercreek78250 the car shows at Bigg's Texaco are a thing of the past. Too many rowdies and the gas pumps were turned off one too many times. That probably explains the police presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or