Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catriona View Post
Wait a minute....I don't get it....

SAPD pulled you over to conduct a DOT inspection?

Don't they have to have probable cause to pull someone over?

So you were not violating any traffic laws and they pulled you over?

If so, then that is scary!

Yes, they just pulled me over to conduct an Inspection, and I cant refuse it because I'm in a CMV. But SAPD Peace officers are not Certified to do DOT inspection. Only TX DPS DOT troopers can do that (the ones on the SUV's)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:29 PM

214 posts, read 501,977 times
Update us when the judge laughs (or yells) at the cop and throws out all three fines.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM

well, I've gone through the process before, Before entering the courtroom, the judge asks you what you're here for. and tries to settle with you. I just want to pay my Brake fine once. More than likely he'll have it fixed or dismiss it(hopefully, but not likely) But I just want to take into account that My brake was out of adjustment once, and only I will pay once

It might sound ridiculous going to court over it, but i just cant get the cop have his commission for abusing/or his Monday hangover woes LOL

Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
svg210 -Good Evening

Please don't take this the wrong way since it takes us all no matter what we do for a living to make this world turn.

I don't know if you ever travel FM471 outside 1604. I know there is a quarry or two at Hwy 211. Why can't I drive down 471 without the fear that a gravel truck is going to swallow me up. It's either speed up (but I'm already going over the speed limit) or get the heck out of the way. There have been several people killed between 1560 and Old FM 471 and most of these wrecks involved Gravel Trucks.

Do driver's get paid by the load or the hour?

Why do I see a Big Difference in the Over the Road Drivers and local Gravel Truck Drivers?.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
svg210 -Good Evening

Please don't take this the wrong way since it takes us all no matter what we do for a living to make this world turn.

I don't know if you ever travel FM471 outside 1604. I know there is a quarry or two at Hwy 211. Why can't I drive down 471 without the fear that a gravel truck is going to swallow me up. It's either speed up (but I'm already going over the speed limit) or get the heck out of the way. There have been several people killed between 1560 and Old FM 471 and most of these wrecks involved Gravel Trucks.

Do driver's get paid by the load or the hour?

Why do I see a Big Difference in the Over the Road Drivers and local Gravel Truck Drivers?.

hmmm... well It depends on which company. we get paid by the load, but safety is a concern with us. Perhaps you have seen me turn there, but when if I see traffic I pull on the shoulder so people can safely pass as i speed up. And the ones that get paid by the hour or dont own their truck are careless you'll notice those right away. As they are usually in newer trucks.

And what diffrence do OTR Driver have from locals. I see OTR's speed thru downtown or cut people up really close, I always jump to their channel and talk smack about them on the CB usually they are always in a bad mood.

and to end this up heres a twister for you!

You might think that the drivers that are paid by the load are the ones that haul ass right?

well....

Not exactly, The drivers that are paid by the hour are the ones that drive like bats out of hell. apperantly they have to make a quota or they get fired, they already get paid slave labor, hell some of them have records or forged documentation, and they have to kiss someones rear end.

and yes I've seen lots of accidents on 471, but luckly and god forbid I get involved. I'll be more worried about the Cement drivers on 211 than gravel drivers. They are fresh off truck driving school, or have a bad MVR, plus they think their 80000lbs tandems handle like a regular car.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
The trucks I was asking about earlier (previous page?) are maybe 30-35 feet long... usually GMC or Isuzu. They have a short cab, with the engine mounted underneath it.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
The trucks I was asking about earlier (previous page?) are maybe 30-35 feet long... usually GMC or Isuzu. They have a short cab, with the engine mounted underneath it.

well, those are borderline and really depends, If they do not have air brakes, then they might not qualify as a commercial vehicle. Especially GMC they dont have that many CMV's in their lineup.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,002 times
svg210 -When a Truck Driver has an inspection conducted by a Texas State Trooper are they pretty tough? Is it true that they carry portable scales with them?

I'll tell you what I would like to see and this may upset some folks. I was raised in the Central Valley of California. It was common to be driving (truck, passenger vehicle, etc) along a two lane road and approach a California Highway Patrol Stop. They would conduct a safety inspection,( lights, signals, horn, etc) and of course your DL and proof on insurance. In my 25 plus years here in San Antonio I have been in two stops where SAPD and BCSD (One by each) stopped cars and checked for DL and proof of insurance.
I would love to see more of these stops. When this type of stop or a check point for drunks is brought up it always turns into a "Big Brother" type of issue or the fact that your Rights are being violated.

What about the rights of the person who is responsible and carries insurance? What about the rights of drivers when they are sharing the road with a drunk? Those are just my thoughts.

I am in no way implying that Truck Drivers do not carry insurance or drive drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio