U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:18 PM

399 posts, read 1,027,675 times

Advertisements

If a trade doesn't hurt, then it's not a good trade. However, I'd venture to say that this one doesn't even hurt. We traded 3 bench players for a 20 pt/night starter. That's a great trade, especially if Bowen ends up coming back for league minimum. Nice trade Spurs, standing pat wasn't an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 01:14 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,350,466 times
yeah, I don't care about any of that...
and I don't have any recollection of Barry coming back, must have happened before I lived in San Antonio ....
He was traded at some point after I moved here and I don't recall him having come back...

And, yeah... my whole approach where Bruce is concerned is emotional, not practical....

it's a long story.... he has an incredible story, and is a kick ass player on top of all that...

his story gets seriously and severely underplayed....
i'm up here in maveprick territory now... they could use my boyfriend....

Old 06-24-2009, 02:07 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,171,782 times
bruce is a nice guy, and does great things in SA but he is going to be 38 YRS OLD, and could barely make the rotation last season. he is shooting the ball worse then ever, he is to old to keep up with the younger players for morethen about 10 minutes a game, and the kicker, when the bucks waive him (anytime before aug 1st) he WILL resign with the spurs for a vet minimum. they may even wait till close to the deadline to get him plenty of rest AND save money on the (he would get like 1.6 mil but that can be prorated depending on when they sign him to save tax money)

brent was traded to the sonics a couple yrs ago (2-3 seasons) and was waived then resigned with the spurs for one season. he then took a LITTLE more money to play in houston. this bugs me because he took about 200k more to play in houston, mainly because both his father and brother played there so it was a "tradition" thing.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:59 PM

140 posts, read 446,714 times
I say who cares. I love my Spurs and like Bruce Bowen but its the NBA guys, come on, trades happen. I think its great and I dont really care if Bruce is back in a Spurs uniform. Great Trade !!! Jefferson is being brought in to help the Spurs be in contention for a championship next year. GO SPURS GO !!!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

3,109 posts, read 8,695,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Okay, I promised I'd stay a Spurs fan when I came to Dallas.... but dayammm, honey....

BRUCE BOWEN TRADED??????

WHAT???????

no, this is so wrong, AND!!!
they stuck two others into the mix to make the trade!!!!

THIS IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!

you hear me Pop??????

okay, maybe I need to come back to SA and straighten some things out....
Hi, my favorite Popsguysrule!!! I was wondering how long you could stay away from us? When I heard the news yesterday, I felt the same way you did. That guy has quite a voice and he will be back in San Antonio, with the Spurs in some capacity. He's the best speaker they have! I remember a couple of years ago when he emmceed the Spurs progam after they won their 4th ring. I can see him heading up public relations for the front office!

Old 06-24-2009, 03:11 PM

39 posts, read 96,119 times
had to be done, we got man handled by the Mavs last season. This time if Manu gets hurt we should have some fire power from RJ to rely on. He's a nice upgrade from Bowen, Finley, and even Mason. He is 29 years old and the only down side to this trade is that he is a bit over paid. But Holt has been sitting on his check book for way too long. He sees what both you and I see. This team is getting old and the rest of the west is getting better. In an interview that was held with RC Bufford last night, RC stated that there might still be more to to come. I sure hope so cause Matt Bonner, Ian, or Gooden wont cut it by them selves. Congrats SAS. Nice pick up. But I wouldnt be surprised if he's traded tomorrow during the draft. lol

Shoot, the city is still morning the loss of Malik. They wont get over Bruce for awhille. There will be one last marathon run of HEB commercials in his memory. Thanks for everything Bruce.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:06 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,006,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Okay, I promised I'd stay a Spurs fan when I came to Dallas.... but dayammm, honey....

BRUCE BOWEN TRADED??????

WHAT???????

no, this is so wrong, AND!!!
they stuck two others into the mix to make the trade!!!!

THIS IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!

you hear me Pop??????

okay, maybe I need to come back to SA and straighten some things out....
Thats what I went trough when the Lakers traded Rick Fox to the Celtics. Although He knew better and retired. I feel your pain brother, Bowen is the Friendliest Spur. WTF is wrong with Management? He was pratically working for the community. and you gotta love the "cow chips" commercialls he did for HEB

Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM

39 posts, read 96,119 times
working for the community is one thing but he's getting paid to work for the spurs and he wasnt doing it

Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,171,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyT View Post
had to be done, we got man handled by the Mavs last season. This time if Manu gets hurt we should have some fire power from RJ to rely on. He's a nice upgrade from Bowen, Finley, and even Mason. He is 29 years old and the only down side to this trade is that he is a bit over paid. But Holt has been sitting on his check book for way too long. He sees what both you and I see. This team is getting old and the rest of the west is getting better. In an interview that was held with RC Bufford last night, RC stated that there might still be more to to come. I sure hope so cause Matt Bonner, Ian, or Gooden wont cut it by them selves. Congrats SAS. Nice pick up. But I wouldnt be surprised if he's traded tomorrow during the draft. lol

Shoot, the city is still morning the loss of Malik. They wont get over Bruce for awhille. There will be one last marathon run of HEB commercials in his memory. Thanks for everything Bruce.

could not have said it better

Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,335,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyT View Post
working for the community is one thing but he's getting paid to work for the spurs and he wasnt doing it
Exactly! His main income is not from doing badly acted grocery store commercials, he's paid to help win games in his specific role. And he can no longer do that on this team. i don't want to say he's too old, he's just seemingly not able to adjust to the new direction this team has to take to stay competitive.

My 2 cents, anyway. I don't know the first thing about managing a championship basketball team. I just love watching my Spurs, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio