Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,982,848 times

Advertisements

I was in the area today. The sign is up and it looks like all the exterior changes have been completed.

Quite a transition from the Village Inn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:36 AM

49 posts, read 83,678 times
And it has also been on "Behind The Kitchen Door" I follow this faithfully and you would be surprised at how many of our favorite restaurants don't know how to keep their kitchens clean! On the other hand there have been several that you wouldn't think would be "white glove clean" and they are! Just an FYI.....You can follow Kitchen Door on KSAT's web page.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 AM

73 posts, read 229,129 times
I personally like Zio's. I had a co-worker who was assigned at Aviano AB in Italy at one time, and he said Zio's was pretty authentic.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
As many of you probably know from previous posts/rants, I'm NOT a fan of the chain restaurants. However, if for some reason I were forced, at gunpoint, to choose between Zios and Olive Garden, I would choose Olive Garden. Every time I've eaten at Zios, the pasta is watery - it's disgusting, A, and B, it waters down the sauce. Ick, ick, ick.

tried zio's once....won't go back again. Used to like Olive Garden, but they've really gone downhill. Don't go there anymore either.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:26 PM

464 posts, read 803,843 times
Having grown up with predominately Italian cuisine in New York, I often am disappointed with places like Zio's, Carinos and the like. I prefer Southern Italian Cuisine and it it very hard to find here in Texas.

What the NE side needs are more family-owned places like a Milano's or better yet, an upscale family-owned place like Trattoria Lisina (Driftwood, TX). I realize the local NE SA demographics probably wouldn't support such a venture...

There is Pompeii off Nacogdoches near 1604 but their food is not all that, the service lackluster and the noise level approaches that of Grand Central Station at rush hour.

Trattoria Lisina is our family favorite but Driftwood is a bit far to drive.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Yeah but Zio's used to have this really good dessert... I think it was ice cream with a warm sherry sauce or something... but I no longer see it on their menu.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio